Our Employment, Skills and Enterprise business provides support to citizens, from supporting the unemployed into sustainable work, to upskilling those with low or no vocational skills, so they can progress in work. At Serco we are committed to supporting economic recovery post-Covid and are proud to be able to support the government’s Plan for Jobs. Along with our partners we are delighted to have been selected by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to deliver the Restart employability programme in 2 Contract Packages in West Central (Black Country, Coventry, Greater Birmingham and Solihull, The Marches and Worcestershire) and across all of Wales.
We are currently recruiting a number of Functional Skills Tutors – Digital Skills in Birmingham. As Digitial Skills Tutor you will develop, administer and deliver digital skills training both online and face to face from entry level to level 2 qualifications to adult learners both employed and unemployed. There will also be a requirement to grow and develop the digital skills knowledge of community groups. Key responsibillities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the marketing of both online and face to face Digital Skills support for learners;
- Develop materials to support learners to grow their knowledge of Digital Skills from entry level to level 2;
- Recruit learners onto the appropriate programme and level;
- Support learners via online learning platforms and other remote systems to ensure successful completion of digital skills learning/ qualifications;
- Support learners at face to face sessions to gain knowledge and skills in digital skills;
- Understand the opportunities available for further training in digital skills (both free and funded) in order to share this with learners;
- Lead community training activities to support learners to improve their digital skills – at least once every three weeks;
- Support the delivery of functional skills at level 2 in digital skills and either or both maths and English.
- Prepare a personal development plan for each functional skills learner to ensure that they have the support to complete their qualifications in a timely manner;
- Create high-quality materials, accessible to all learners, to maintain and enhance the quality of learning experiences in digital skills, supporting the larger functional skills team with materials for either or both maths and English
What you’ll need to do the role:
If you are already an experienced Digitial Skills Tutor with experience of designing and delivering digital skills training, both face-to-face and online, then we wnat to hear from you! Other skills and experiences required:
- Educated to Level 3 Award in Education and Training or equivalent (minimum qualification accepted)
- Minimum of Level 2 qualification in digital/information technology
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of teaching techniques
- Ability to motivate learners throughout their programme of study
- Effective research skills
- Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters – delivering essential services that truly touch people’s lives;
- A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways;
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You’ll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Serco discounts which include cinema, Merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships
- An autonomous and supportive culture
- The chance to make a positive difference to public sector services in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and [email protected] (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We’re a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally