Are you driven to deliver results? Self motivated and enthusiastic to engage with customers to negotiate repayment of money owed.
New to the industry? No problem, if you have the skills and the right behaviours we can train you to be successful.
As part of the Customer Accounts team, you will be responsible to centrally manage the recovery of former tenant debt. You will need to be able to independently plan and manage your work, be confident in making decisions and use your own initiative to maximise income for the group.
Being able to develop effective working relationships with third party agencies to ensure they are performing to agreed KPI’s will be essential as well as being confident in producing reports to evidence debt management performance.
If you are a self-motivated person who can demonstrate a positive attitude towards your work and enjoy working as part of a team to achieve goals and targets, this may be the right role for you.
Great communication skills are essential, as a large part of your day will be spent on the telephone talking to people. You will have an inquisitive mind and take a flexible attitude towards resolving problems to a successful conclusion.
We’re on the lookout for someone:
- Pro-active and driven to take ownership and responsibility of debt recovery cases
- Solution focussed and motivated to achieve the best outcomes
- Strong telephone presence and negotiation skills
- Able to produce, analyse and present information in a clear transparent way that is easily understood
- A confident communicator with the resilience to deal with challenging situations.
What we’ll offer you…
- A salary starting at £25,000 per annum
- Great holidays – 26 days, increasing with service plus public holidays, along with the ability to buy extra leave.
- Great working environment with a friendly culture
- Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, childcare vouchers, critical illness and travel insurance
- A 35 hour week working between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday
Closing Date: Thursday 24th June 2021
Please note the first stage of the interview process will be a telephone interview.
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
- What we do – We’re a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We’re proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in southern England and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a housing management service to a range of tenures including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
We provide housing services to more than 70,000 customers who live in our almost 30,000 properties. With circa 1,000 employees, we’re an organisation that’s going places.
We are a member of the G15, which represents London’s 15 largest housing associations. The G15 houses one in ten Londoners and builds a quarter of London’s new homes.
Southern Housing Group won the “Housing Association of the Year” award at the WhatHouse? Awards 2018. The Group also won the award for “2018 Best Large Development” at the National Housing Awards for our development at Bow River Village.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help.
Please be aware that due to the nature and sensitivity of some of our roles we are not always able to consider applications from Southern Housing Group residents. We would not normally appoint residents to roles which cover the estate or properties which they live in. We want to ensure our colleagues have a good work/life balance. Please note that additional residential checks will be completed before an offer is made.
Southern Housing Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that colleagues who are at risk of redundancy due to the current business reviews will be given priority consideration for this role. Applications from colleagues who are not at risk will be considered if there are no expressions of interest from ‘at risk’ colleagues.
For this role, successful candidates will be subject to a basic DBS check. This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally