Full Time, Permanent
£39,000 per annum + Corporate Benefit Package
Here at Serco we’re looking for an experienced Forensic Psychologist to join us at HMP Dovegate, Derbyshire/Staffordshire border. Joining our onsite Psychological Services team at this category B prison, you’ll play a key part in administering the delivery of Psychological Services to the men.
You will be responsible for the line management of Forensic Psychologists in Training, ensuring that all our work adheres to a code of conduct compliance and BPS guidelines. You’ll also:
- Undertake any relevant psychological assessments of the men that contribute to the safety of the establishment
- Complete risk assessments for parole utilising appropriate risk assessment and personality assessment tools
- Work closely with other departments to share information
- Supervise trainee work
- Help develop the work of Psychological Services, for example through assessments and group or individual interventions
- Provision of specialist consultancy and training to prison staff
- You may also be required to lead or contribute to research and participate in multi-disciplinary initiatives
What you’ll need to do the role
First and foremost, you will have experience of working with those convicted of offences and with completing assessments and interventions with a forensic population. We’d also like you to hold:
- HCPC registration (or be within six months of obtaining it)
- A Stage 2 Diploma in Forensic Psychology with the BPS OR hold a Stage 1 and have completed the majority of Stage 2
- If you are a Forensic Psychologist in Training on the Doctorate route you must have completed all practitioner placements and be within six months of becoming registered with the HCPC.
You’ll have knowledge in psychological theory regarding treatment of violent and sexual offending, and be familiar with ‘what works’ literature and of a range of psychotherapeutic treatment approaches.
Comfortable completing parole reports and carrying out assessments such as WAIS, HCR-20, PCL-r, IPDE, VRS, you’ll also be able to work in a multi-disciplinary way and bring a collaborative approach to your work with your team and with the men.
Meaningful and vital work – You’ll contribute to the reintegration of ex-offenders back into society, helping them to address the factors that influence criminal behaviour and lowering reoffending rates.
A world of opportunity – With six prisons across the UK and a breadth of roles, you’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression.
Great people – You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
We are committed to having a diverse workforce in Psychological Services and actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
What we offer
- Pension – 6%
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services/prisons sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package
- 23 days leave (rising to 25) plus Bank and Public Holidays
- 10 days per annum CPD
For further information or for an informal discussion, please contact Linda Palethorpe, Head of Psychological Services at HMP Dovegate at [email protected] or alternatively call 01283 829588.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and [email protected] (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We’re a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally