Yarls Wood Immigration Removal Centre
Full Time, Permanent, 40 hrs per week
£25,755 pa + Corporate Company Benefits
Here at Serco, we are recruiting for a driven and dedicated FM Services Officer to join our team at Yarls Wood Immigration Removal Centre to form part of a Works Service Team of multi skilled engineers. You will assist other trades in their duties as may be required forming part of a multi skilled team.
What you’ll need to do the role
You will have the ability to self-motivate use your own initiative and work to tight timescales. You will need to be able to prioritise your workload in a logical and methodical manner. Good interpersonal skills are required, and you must be able to communicate effectively at all levels, both in writing and orally.
You will need to be flexible and proactive with a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. You will be a team member of the Facilities “Out of hours” call out roster and will assist in multi trade support of other members of the FM team.
Additional experience required as below:
- Experience in working in a security environment.
- Ensuring that various pre planned maintenance schedules are kept up to date, maintained and related routine maintenance and repairs are carried out and operating machine tools.
- Having working knowledge of Plumbing/Electrics would be an advantage.
- Escorting contractors around the site as and when required.
- Assisting the other members of the maintenance team with their activities as may be required, on other plant and apparatus.
Meaningful and vital work – The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters – delivering essential services that touch people’s lives
A world of opportunity – Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people – You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A safe and supportive culture
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and [email protected] (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We’re a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally