Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
Ventures is tasked with creating additional customer and shareholder value through the commercialisation of new and existing services, knowledge and assets from within the regulated Thames Water Utilities (UK’s largest water company) and non-regulated markets.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner, Estates and Property Development within Thames Water Ventures business finance organisation.
We are looking for a bright, inquisitive and ambitious individual who is driven and able to help us manage a successful new business unit, responsible for planning to deliver £1bn business in free cash flow (FCF) terms and £500m NPV over a 20-year horizon.
The role will work closely with project managers and directors of the business unit to deliver best in class financial assessment and business partnering directors of Estates and Property Development. This will include economic analysis of environment, leadership pf performance process, and financial modelling with the post holder leading preparation of numerous of economic models on ad-hoc basis, using economic evaluation methodology and delivering material value through commercial optimisation of available opportunities.
As we develop new financial structures the post holder will own important elements of preparation and implementation of new funding structures and be responsible for delivery of complex analysis to allow its implementation.
This position will need a proven ability to prioritise and manage a diverse workload, work with senior stakeholders is essential in order to deliver the results expected.
We are looking for someone with not only the passion and ability to work in a business start-up environment, and prepared to get involved and deliver high quality products within a short time frame, but also have in interest in delivering Thames Water Ventures vision for the future.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent.
- (Part) Qualified accountant or studying towards a recognised accounting qualification, with the technical ability to operate in this business environment.
- Relevant financial modelling experience (direct first-hand experience in preparation of financial models for material programmes is required for this position).
- Excellent knowledge of processes required to develop initiatives/projects from inception to final product.
- Superior relationship skills – Able to work effectively across all stakeholders and positively contribute within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven track record of financially supporting and enabling new initiatives for a major department or organisation.
- Drive and ability to optimise projects and deliver material shareholder and customer value.
- Excellent IT skills with financial modelling for new investments experience particularly important.
- Passion for working in a new business unit, with the drive and energy to make pioneering things happen within Property Development and Estate management.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Strong and demonstrable numeric and analytical skills, able to link financial and non-financial data.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to produce material timely, and at a high quality including executive/director level audiences.
- Excellent proven commercial and contractual acumen.
- Able to deliver material improvements and prepare consistently high-quality outputs quickly within a start-up environment.
What’s in it for you?
Our competitive salary & package includes a bonus, car allowance, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally