Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
We are currently seeking a Field Operations Manager on a full-time basis for a 6-month period. This is a high-profile Operations role, responsible for leading a team of wastewater network operations and planning specialists, as well as the front-line field engineers, to ensure the operational management of wastewater services to our customers, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to lead an established, high-performing operational team with a direct impact on Thames Water’s performance in several key areas. Accordingly, the role encompasses a wide-ranging remit, making each day different from the last and posing a unique challenge.
- Manage a team of experienced operations and planning specialists, who are responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the wastewater network services
- Delivery of stretching area performance targets, each with a direct link to top-level company performance, such as pollutions, sewer flooding, and customer complaints.
- Driving an industry-leading Health and Safety performance culture. Keeping the front-line workforce safe through the elimination of lagging indicators (incidents, near misses, etc) and championing health and safety behaviour and policies through site audits, inspections, and safety observations
- Control of a multi-£million budgets: ensuring efficient delivery of regional services by keeping OPEX spend within budgets and the correct prioritisation of risk to direct CAPEX spend to areas of most need
- Dynamic working environment. Responding to high-profile operational events that have the potential to significantly impact our customers or the natural environment
We’re looking for you to have:
- A background in front-line waste network operational management
- Excellent people-management skills, able to encourage and empower a high-performing, experienced team to continuously improve the delivery of the waste network services in the area
- Experience of front-line waste networks operations. The purpose of the role is to ensure the effective operational management of our service on a daily basis – preventing pollutions, reducing sewer flooding events, and improving the condition of our infrastructure
- The ability to work within a budget and experience managing operational spend is desirable
What’s in it for you?
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally