Do you have the commitment and values to make a real difference to the lives of people with care needs? Are you passionate about empowering them to improve their quality of life, while supporting them to realise their hopes, dreams and aspirations?
Creative Support is a not-for-profit organisation which provides high quality, person-centred support.
We are looking for Support Workers for our Tower Hamlets service who are highly motivated, hardworking, and keen to support older people and individuals with learning disabilities and dementia in a proactive and holistic manner. You will be based at our Tower Hamlets supported living service, consisting of 40 flats.
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
• Helping people to maintain a healthy state of wellbeing – mentally, physically and emotionally
• Empowering individuals to be happy, healthy, and successful in achieving their life goals
• Providing excellent, respectful personal care to all service users, administering medication and helping with domestic tasks
• Supporting individuals to access work, education and social opportunities
• Ensuring the safety of the service
You will have skills in positive communication and engagement, and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for all of our service users.
Our Tower Hamlets service is very close to Langdon Park and is well-connected. It is only five minutes’ walk from a bus stop and there is a supermarket nearby as well.
You will be required to work in a flexible manner, on a roster basis, which will include evenings and weekends. Previous experience, whilst desirable, is not necessary for this Support Worker role – what we need most from you is warmth, kindness, and a positive, can-do attitude.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
– Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme
– A full local and corporate induction, with opportunity to discuss your training and development needs during regular supervision and appraisal meetings
– Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate
– Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
– Holiday bonus after two years of service
– Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
– All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hours on call teams
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally