Responsible for motivating and developing service user to enter and remain in work. To case manage the service user journey, delivering interventions or signposting/referring to specialist support as per the action plan. To work with and update the probation practitioner at all stages.
Responsible for the accurate identification of the most appropriate occupational direction and service user support needs (pre and post employment), creating and delivering service user Action Plans which facilitate overcoming the identified barriers and achieving progression outcomes in work.
Non London £22,500-£27,000
Essential Job Duties
Undertakes assessments on all referred service users completing an action plan if confirmed as suitable for the programme
Motivates service users to engage fully with the programme
Case manages service users after completion of action plan
Delivers or organises delivery of interventions in the action plan (as per ETE2-4 in the Specification)
Signposts or refers to specialist and/or community services as appropriate
Tailors service user support to their individual needs and available local services
Identifies suitable candidates for a peer supporter role
Completes an Ongoing Support Plan and End of Service report at the end of service user contact
Records all service user contact on the Customer Approved System (CAS) and liaises with the Probation Practitioner as appropriate and in line with specification requirements
Manages cases within NPS risk management procedures
Meet Authority KPIs for their cases
Education and Experience Requirements
Qualifications & Experience
• Skills and knowledge in supporting people into employment or training opportunities
• Experience of working with people from disadvantaged communities
• Experience and skills in working with priority groups as in G1 specification (desirable)
• Experience of people development in an individual and group environment
• Experience of working to structured targets and deadlines
• Ability to build effective working relationships with service user cohorts to motivate and support them into employment, training or education
• Ability to motivate/inspires service user to change and engage with other organisations
• Able to build strong relationships with employers, statutory, voluntary and partner services
• Ability to deliver interventions in the specification to engage service users
• Adapts methods/learning styles to individual service users on an individual and group basis
• Disability Confident (including LDD support)
• Able to manage challenging behaviour/de-escalation
• ICT proficient
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Strong team player with a positive and flexible approach to both work and colleagues.
• Creative problem solving skills and a positive approach to challenging and overcoming limiting beliefs
• Ability to plan and organise workload to meet required targets and deadlines
• Understanding of how to affect positive behaviour change and committed to promoting desistence in ex-offenders
• Awareness of safeguarding and ability to work within NPS risk management procedures
• Awareness of issues relating to supporting ex-offenders into employment or training
MAXIMUS is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
Where reasonable, MAXIMUS will review and consider adjustments for those applicants who express a requirement for them during the recruitment process.
Apply for this job onlineApplyShareRefer this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Application FAQs
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally