Are you able to provide both a residential estate and property management service to our residents? If so, you may be interested in our opening for an Estate Manager (Residential), working full time on a permanent basis.
You’ll be based at our modern, vibrant office at our Bow River Village (E3) site and will also visit our other developments at Featherstone and Lisgar Terrace (W14).
As the Estate Manager (Residential), you will lead a locally based management team in the delivery of a first class, responsive and customer focussed residential estate and property management service on the Group’s Bow River Village, Featherstone and Lisgar developments.
You will be Responsible for the effective management of a range of estate service and property management on mixed tenure developments ensuring they meet the needs of residents and SHG.
You will lead on delivering a locally based residential estate and property management service to residents and the co-ordination of services delivered by internal and external service providers.
Your day to day responsibilities will include: ensuring estate standards are met by you and staff, aid in the setting of annual service charges and budgets for your sites, communicate with residents, record and report servicing and repairs for your sites, support in letting void properties, assist with income management and signpost to other services, grow and nurture key relationships in the community and ensure service standards are always met by managing a successful team.
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please use this opportunity to provide additional information on how you meet the criteria as set out in the person specification, and why you are the best candidate for this role.
What we need from you
- Experience of delivering a high quality, customer focused service
- Able to manage budgets and report of service charges
- Ideally with some line management experience
- Great communicator and team player
- Ideally some experience in the housing sector or private sector in similar role
- Some weekend work when required plus the ability to travel to other sites as needed.
What we’ll offer you
- A salary of circa £40,000 per year, depending on skills/experience
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays). Rising with length of service
- The chance to buy or sell additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- An inclusive environment where it’s OK to be you!
- Flexible benefits with some really exciting options which you can find out more about here!
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
- What we do – We’re a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We’re proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in southern England and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a housing management service to a range of tenures including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
We provide housing services to more than 70,000 customers who live in our almost 30,000 properties. With circa 1,000 employees, we’re an organisation that’s going places.
We are a member of the G15, which represents London’s 15 largest housing associations. The G15 houses one in ten Londoners and builds a quarter of London’s new homes.
Southern Housing Group won the “Housing Association of the Year” award at the WhatHouse? Awards 2018. The Group also won the award for “2018 Best Large Development” at the National Housing Awards for our development at Bow River Village.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help.
Closing Date: 16th June 2021, midnight
Please be aware that due to the nature and sensitivity of some of our roles we are not always able to consider applications from Southern Housing Group residents. We would not normally appoint residents to roles which cover the estate or properties which they live in. We want to ensure our colleagues have a good work/life balance. Please note that additional residential checks will be completed before an offer is made.
Southern Housing Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that colleagues who are at risk of redundancy due to the current business reviews will be given priority consideration for this role. Applications from colleagues who are not at risk will be considered if there are no expressions of interest from ‘at risk’ colleagues.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally