Twin is an award-winning provider of education, travel, work experience, accommodation, and employment services. We offer a diverse number of life enhancing services to our clients and every member of our team is essential in achieving this. As an organisation we are recruiting for a new Employability contract to support the unemployment back to work. This job will play a key role in contributing to the UK’s economic recovery, ‘Restart’ which is a cornerstone of the Governments ‘Plan for Jobs’ strategy.
The role will be supporting individuals who have been in long- term unemployment or those affected because of the devastating economic impact of Covid-19. We will address the barriers to gaining new employment with tailored support for each individual to achieve and sustain good work, including supported job search, re-training for a different sector and restoring self-confidence for work.
You will provide motivational support to build positive relationships, guide, inspire, challenge, encourage and help individuals obtain sustainable employment.
The role of the Employment Coach will be to support our clients onto the program and support them on their journey to secure sustainable employment. Our ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be target driven as well as a motivational adviser to build positive relationships. You will need to be able to guide, inspire, and encourage individuals to find suitable employment. You will have a high level of initiative and motivation with the ability to seek out solutions to problems, and be able to work under pressure, without day-to-day supervision. You should also have experience working in an advising and guidance environment or previously worked within employability.
If you are from a sales/recruitment background or work in an environment that involves problem solving and helping others then we would love to hear from you.
Join us and be proud to help our communities and be part of the recovery ensuring no one is left behind.
- Meet, and strive to exceed, personal performance targets (Key Performance Indicators).
- Progressively manage a caseload of referred customers using a variety of appropriate strategies to help them overcome barriers to gaining employment.
- Deliver a positive experience to new customers, ensuring they engage with you and the programme.
- Achieve the Customer Service Standards required on the programme.
- Facilitate a range of assessments with each individual, using a suite of tools, to fully understand a customer’s personal circumstances, ambitions and goals.
- Where required, provide appropriate advice and guidance on the basics of self-employment and signpost customers to specialist agencies that can further support customers in respect to self-employment.
- Co-produce personalised tailored Action Plans featuring SMART targeting to enable positive and timely progression.
- Provide tailored support in all aspects of job-search and interview preparation to ensure that customers are matched to the right job that enables them to sustain employment.
- Where required, provide appropriate training/guidance to customers to help them master digital technologies, in order for them to engage in guided self-service learning materials and online job vacancies.
- Fully understand the local labour market, to source suitable job opportunities.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to maximise job opportunities, i.e., federation of small businesses, chamber of commerce, JCP partnership managers.
- Develop an understanding of specialist signposting services in the local area/region, building knowledge in areas such as specific disabilities, housing, benefits etc. Knowledge to be applied where appropriate during caseload management.
Skills and Experience
- A good working knowledge of the local labour market in the specified geographical locations.
- Basic knowledge of self-employment.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment.
- Knowledge of the employability industry.
- Knowledge of the recruitment industry.
- Experience of working with people in the provision of ‘information, advice & guidance’.
- Full driving licence to enable deployment across a specified geographical area (region), when required.
Salary: £27,000- £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Location: Office-based near London Bridge
Hours: 37.5 hrs (full time) Monday- Friday
Closing Date: Rolling campaign due to high volume of activity
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + Birthday day off; Pension contributions; Career development opportunities; Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid-19 Interviews may be undertaken via Microsoft Teams. Following recent developments from COVID 19 you may see a delay in receiving feedback or interviews being scheduled.
We regret that unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted.
The successful candidate must be able to work in the UK.
Twin is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS, where appropriate.
We are dedicated to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, or age.
Disability Confident Employer.
Disabled applicants should indicate in the Equality of Opportunity section of the application form if they wish their application to be given consideration under the Disability Confident scheme.
If you are invited to interview, please advise the recruitment administrator what adjustment you would require at the interview in as much detail as possible to enable arrangements to be put into place.
We ask all applicants if they want to be considered under this scheme. By opting-in to this scheme, you are disclosing that you have a disability solely for the purpose of the interview guarantee and we will not assume nor infer that you wish to disclose or record your disability in any other way – including any reasonable adjustments you may need if you are employed.
Access to work scheme
You can apply for Access to Work if you need support to get back to work.
You can apply using the online service.
They can also apply by phoning Jobcentre Plus on:
Telephone: 0800 121 7479
Textphone: 0800 121 7579
Powered by JazzHR
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally