Employment Advisers are the front line of Reed in Partnership. The main purpose of the role is to support unemployed jobseekers with finding and sustaining employment, engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our service.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment
• Booking jobseekers to any relevant training courses including customer service, security, hospitality, personal development, IT literacy and many others
• Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process
• Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers
• Outreach work – promoting Reed in Partnership within the local community
Key to your success in this role is to demonstrate the ability to build rapport, show empathy, motivate people and influence their perception of working
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Required skills and experience
• Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
• Experience of working in a customer facing environment (i.e. Customer Services, Hospitality, Social Care, Customer Services, Sales)
• Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
• Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet customers/employers).
• A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
• GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally