We are nuclear professionals in everything we do
The Sellafield site is one of the biggest construction sites in Europe and we are a world leader in the nuclear industry. We’re responsible for some of the largest engineering projects in the UK. The Sellafield site is one of the biggest construction sites in the UK. Our challenges are almost always industry firsts. Hazard reduction is incredibly demanding technically, calling for vision, imagination and expertise. The complexity of each project is unmatched anywhere else in the nuclear sector.
Our relentless pursuit of excellence is reflected in our health, safety, security, resilience and environmental performance standards .To support this we are currently looking for a number of Emergency Response Support Co-ordinators based within our Resilience Response Team in the Security & Resilience Directorate.
On a day to day basis the role involves:
• Assist the Emergency Response Support Officer with the implementation, maintenance and delivery of all identified training needs to both internal and external stakeholders to the relevant site and National Occupational Standards.
• Effectively delivers training and student evaluations in accordance with the standards Established and in multiple training settings.
• Maintain training programme products and supporting documentation as stated in Sellafield managements system arrangements to ensure they are kept up to date and comply with legal, regulatory and statutory requirements.
• Produce, schedule, maintain and monitor reports, dashboards and improvement plans to support the delivery of training.
• Support the site drills and exercise (unified command and control) programme.
• Conduct Audit, Review and assurance of inspections / programmes to ensure compliance and maintain risk information.
• Carry out, co-ordinate and monitor equipment inspections and maintain accurate records in accordance with company procedures.
• To attend incident types as directed, to protect life, property and the environment.
• Maintain effective communications with key personnel and external agencies to ensure good stakeholder management.
To thrive in the role you will need:
• DV or SC clearance or the ability to obtain
• Proven ability to think logically and analytically to resolve problems quickly using a range of tools and techniques
• Will work towards Level 3 Certificate in assessing Vocational Achievement
• Evidence of identifying and mitigating risks when carrying out work
• Must have a full clean category B Manual UK driving License (Category B Auto cannot be accepted due to all works vehicles being Manual) and the potential ability to gain additional driving qualifications.
• Flexible attendance to working times (to support shift rotas and drills / exercises etc.)
You may also have:
• Ability to establish and maintain dashboards on performance based measures
• Evidence of involvement in improvement activities that has delivered local benefits
• Experience of working in an operational environment
• Ability to demonstrate high levels of honesty and integrity.
• Ability to innovate and provide practical solutions.
Pay & Benefits
Closing Date: 03/01/2022
Location: Sellafield, West Cumbria
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application. In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early. As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential skills for the vacancy. You will be able to declare a disability when completing our application form.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally