We are nuclear professionals in everything we do
The Sellafield site is one of the biggest construction sites in Europe and we are a world leader in the nuclear industry. We’re responsible for some of the largest engineering projects in the UK. The Sellafield site is one of the biggest construction sites in the UK. Our challenges are almost always industry firsts. Hazard reduction is incredibly demanding technically, calling for vision, imagination and expertise. The complexity of each project is unmatched anywhere else in the nuclear sector.
Our relentless pursuit of excellence is reflected in our health, safety, security, resilience and environmental performance standards. To support this we have a vacancy for a Digital Forensics & Incident Response Supervisor based within our Security & Resilience department.
On a day to day basis the role involves:
• Manage and develop a shift team of CSOC Analysts in relation to protective monitoring, incident response, and threat hunting to ensure the delivery of a mature and highly skilled CSOC.
• Lead, co-ordinate and provide technical assurance & escalation for daily investigations performed within the CSOC to ensure high standards of working across the team and provide an in-depth technical knowledge required to delivery protective monitoring and incident response across the Corporate and OT information systems.
• Develop and enact Digital Forensics capabilities within CSOC relating to escalated investigations, threat hunting and incident response to deliver cyber threat detection and forensically sound evidence, in accordance with government and ONR guidelines.
• Lead in the development and tuning of Cyber Operations tooling and its application to the business, aligning with the cyber exploitation / Cyber Kill Chain / Mitre ATT&CK matrix, increase capabilities and efficiency of incident response, mitigating threats to ensure new threats and vulnerabilities are managed and mitigated.
• Develop and perform the activities defined in the Cyber Security Incident Response Plan / Forensics Readiness plan, ensuring Operational elements are achieved in accordance with site emergency arrangements.
• To oversee technical implementation and commissioning of Cyber Security tooling solutions to agreed requirements.
• To provide advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders in relation to Digital forensics, Incident Response and Cyber Security in general to ensure threats are identified, with measures understood to reduce impact and consequence.
• To assess, suggest or take remedial action to Cyber Security Incidents within defined policies and standards.
• To review, document and apply good practice against all Cyber Security incidents for damage arising from compromise of company sensitive and Government protectively marked information across Sellafield.
• To review Cyber security tools, processes and procedures and assist in testing the robustness of current and developing systems. To deputise for the CSOC Manager when required.
To thrive in the role you will need:
• Degree qualified or 2 years minimum experience in Cyber Security or Information Assurance.
• Knowledge of Digital Forensics.
• Capable of obtaining GIAC certification in IT Security/Digital Forensics field.
• Knowledge of Business Continuity.
• Strong understanding of network protocols.
• Line management / leadership experience.
• Ability to achieve DV clearance + NPPV
You may also have:
• GCIA (Certified Intrusion Analyst).
• GCFE (Certified Forensic Examiner).
• GCFA (Certified Forensic Analyst).
• GNFA (Network Forensic Analyst).
• GPEN (Penetration Tester).
• CMI First Line Management qualification.
• APM / Prince2 Project Management.
• IOSH Managing Safely.
• Control Systems experience.
• Malware analysis experience.
• Vulnerability analysis experience.
Pay & Benefits
Closing Date: 29/11/21
Location: Sellafield, West Cumbria
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application. In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early. As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential skills for the vacancy. You will be able to declare a disability when completing our application form.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally