We are currently recruiting for an outstanding Designate Manager to join and strengthen our highly experienced senior management team, and help our people to achieve ever-greater heights by leading and inspiring from the front. Could this be you?
As a Designate Manager you will have a strategic understanding of our Network across the sites in your region. These include Slough, Greenford, West London, Barking, Dagenham, Feltham, London City, Southall and Park Royal
Additionally you’ll also have accountability for;
- Achieving Depot objectives in terms of Health & Safety, security, productivity, transport and cost
- Deliver outstanding service to our customers with a team driven to be the best they can be
- Provide the safest and healthiest environment in which your teams work
- Encourage a competitive environment with clearly set productivity and service level targets for your teams
- Manage the Depot through P&L through effective planning and reporting
What we’re looking for
- You’ll know the logistics or distribution industry and have experience of running large, fast paced, 24/7 operations with responsibility for a significant number of staff
- You will be a confident communicator/presenter with the skills to lead and manage teams as well as influence strategy and liaise with our Directors
- A person capable of decisive and effective decision-making, in a time pressured environment
- A passion for building and motivating high-performing teams
- Someone that really enjoys resolving problems and demonstrates high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD, this will include both a corporate induction followed by a thorough induction of our Network Operation.
Our depots operate 365 days a year, therefore you will be required to cover any 5 shifts, which could include weekend working.
A full UK driving licence is essential.
Your package will include an excellent basic salary, company car or cash alternative, attractive bonus scheme, based on individual and company targets and Private Medical Insurance for you and your family. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD with long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, the DPD Personality of the Year and an award ceremony at our annual company conference attended by over 1,000 delegates.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally