Base Location: Warrington (travel across Midlands and East of England)
Full Time, Permanent
£90,000 pa + Company Car (or Cash Equivalent) & Corporate Benefits Package
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Here at Serco, within our Asylum Accommodation and Support Services Contract (AASC) we focus on assisting individuals through the asylum system, ensuring that vulnerable asylum seekers have access to the support they need along with a high standard of accommodation.
A new and exciting opportunity has been developed within the AASC Contract, managing a portfolio of 6,100 properties in the North West and Midlands and East of England regions, to accommodate c.23,000 asylum seekers. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced leader to join our Senior Leadership team as Deputy Contract Director, holding overall responsibility for delivering and driving forward the AASC strategy.
The successful candidate must have the gravitas, knowledge, experience and personality to be second in charge to the Contract Director as required including experience of working in the “business to government” services sector or public sector alongside strong leadership capabilities which will inspire the established contract leadership team to further excel. In addition, you will have experience of managing duty of care services for vulnerable people alongside strong financial management skills with experience of managing a high value contract in excess of £150m+ with a complex P&L.
This is a demanding and complex role which will require resilience and the drive to succeed. Therefore, the ideal candidate will display experience in a similar role and possess experience of liaising with key stakeholders i.e. Local Authorities, and your natural leadership passion will come with recognised qualifications to ensure you can:
- Build a culture of insight based strategic planning across the contract
- Lead the Data Analytic and Strategic performance Reporting team to ensure proactive sourcing of data tools and data to improve contract performance
- Be accountable for all aspects of compliance including legal, duty of care and contractual requirements associated with this Contract
- Drive and embed a culture of risk, health, and safety within all teams
- Develop and / or enhance the necessary policies, Local Operating Procedures and supporting documents that are contract compliant and address any legal and moral requirements of operating processes and are concise, clear, understandable, and usable by all relevant staff
- Work in Partnership with the Senior Leadership Team and Finance to develop budgets and forecasts in line with the financial planning schedule
- Influence a wide range of business metrics and insights, which will inform the Contract Director and support with strategic decision making on the AASC contract
What will you need to do the role
Your extensive experience as a people manager is imperative to drive the team’s success within this role so we are asking that you hold ILM Level 5 or equivalent managerial experience/qualifications.
As an experienced leader with change management experience, you must also hold very strong operational excellence and continuous improvement capability, alongside financial management skills.
Finally, you will be willing to travel within the regions and occasionally within the UK (a valid UK driver’s licence is essential).
Meaningful and vital work – With approximately 20,000 asylum seekers and more than 5,000 properties you’ll be delivering an essential service that touch people’s lives.
A world of opportunity – Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people – We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You’ll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer
- Career progression opportunities for the successful candidate
- Bonus of 10% – 20% of salary
- Pension – 6%
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services/prisons sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We’re a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally