About the role:
In this essential role, you will support the timely delivery of data & insight to the operational business. Leading a team of data analysts, you will create, maintain and improve data processes and reporting while interfacing with senior business stakeholders. You will be responsible for the exploration, cleansing, querying, processing and visualisation of data and leading this through your team, together with widespread stakeholder management.
You will lead the delivery of clearly articulated data & insight to the business and utilise and grow the skills within the team to provide and implement solutions, improving efficiencies and increasing the stability and accuracy of reporting and data processes.
- You will lead, develop and support a team of data analysts. Providing strong leadership skills and achieving high levels of positive engagement in the team. You will role model the company’s values, driving personal development and a sense of pride in the workforce.
- Liaising with, senior stakeholders to progress the team’s objectives, you will help to foster a culture of data led management in the business and lead using agile methodologies to deliver business value in a changing landscape.
- Improving the capability of our data processes and reporting – reducing manual effort and increasing accuracy and stability.
- Accurately defining KPIs with the business and ensuring these are consistently applied across your focus area and are aligned with your colleagues.
- You will be working with large data sets drawn from a wide variety of data sources from across the business. And you will be working with IT and change teams to improve data availability and quality via business process improvements or system changes.
To be successful, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Do you have considerable experience in managing and developing teams? Are you engaging, and can you exhibit strong leadership characteristics? Do you have experience working within large operations and have a strong analytical background? If so, this may be the ideal role for you.
- We are seeking an engaging individual with experience working in a data-driven environment. You must have excellent management and influencing skills to help drive enhanced business performance through the use of data to the benefit of our customers.
- You will have the ability to drive a wide-ranging programme of change. You will be an analytical thinker and possess strong problem-solving skills as well as solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates require a degree within an analytical field (e.g. Science, Maths disciplines) and have experience with databases, data analysis and reporting. Postgraduate degrees are an advantage.
- Very good interpersonal skills and an ability to develop team members with analytical capability are key to this role.
- Experience of GDPR and how it applies to data processing and storage is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Power BI, SQL, Python and MS office (in particular Excel) are required. Knowledge of SAP BW, SAP Business Objects, Azure DevOps and Agile are an advantage.
What’s in it for you:
You will be working in a challenging and fast-paced environment where every day is different. You will be leading a team, problem-solving and supporting the team to achieve targets. You will have exposure across the whole of the business and so this is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your skills and abilities. We promote personal development, particularly technical skillsets and encourage colleagues to allocate a day per month to personal training.
It’s an exciting time for Thames Water – we’re entering a new chapter and we are expanding our data and insight capability. This is a team where development is encouraged and where knowledge of a range of disciplines is beneficial. We work across the business to further our goals meaning that every day is different and adaptability and outstanding interpersonal skills are key.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally