About the role:
The purpose of the Customer Representative role is to support our customers by a variety of contact methods and mostly in person. By championing the customer journey end to end, the role plays a big part in maximising customer satisfaction and driving down unnecessary customer contact.
The role reacts quickly to incidents and individual customer issues, taking ownership through to resolution – typically those relating to operations and revenue service failures. Our customers expect us to be available 24/7 and as such, the role includes a rota within a 24/7 window and includes a standby arrangement.
This key role helps us understand who our customers are via reactive and proactive ways of working. Our most vulnerable customers, for example, those that have certain needs that require a certain approach. The purpose is to reach these types of customers as a priority during a time of need as well as build relationships to encourage proactive engagement.
Representing customers and our brand, the role will also play a part in business engagement, spreading the message of our vision and activities to make a positive influence on others by engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
· Provide maximum visibility to customers during customer incidents or complaints, in person.
· Proactively manage issues across the whole Thames Water region as required.
· Where necessary, introduce our loss adjuster processes to customers.
· Revisit customers after incidents to proactively offer aftercare advice, preventing repeat contacts and improving customer satisfaction and brand reputation.
· Manage relationships and influence key stakeholders within the Thames Water business, escalating issues where appropriate.
· Protect the Thames Water CMEX score by reducing unnecessary contacts and complaints and enhancing customer satisfaction.
· Feedback clear visit outcomes and provide where appropriate, recommended actions for resolution whilst identifying any underlying trends driving customer complaints.
· With limited support from the Team Administrator, responsible for own case load and diary, prioritising as needed.
· Provide your own transport (which meets TW policy) and be able to travel across the TW region.
· As part of managing incidents, we will publicise our Customer Rep visits online via social media and so you’ll need to be comfortable with this.
· Part of a team shift rota and standby arrangement which provides a service 24/7.
To be successful, you will have the following skills and experience:
· A driving licence and own transport is essential for this role due to the travel between sites and to incidents as required.
· Outstanding customer service and communication skills – in person, over the phone and in writing.
· Previous field-based experience is desirable.
· Understanding of our business model & customer strategy.
· Flexibility in the working area with own transport that meets TW standards.
· Flexibility to work hours mirroring customer demand and typically in line with the team shift rota.
· Ability to be an ambassador for Thames Water and engage effectively with the public in potentially adverse circumstances – whether one to one or in a meeting.
· Ability to liaise at all levels and influence beyond the span of control.
· Ability to be flexible and positive to ever-changing customer/business needs.
· Ability to work independently as well as work within a team.
What’s in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally