Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs Technology and Cybersecurity team have some exciting opportunities with our Assurance, technology and regulations team and are looking for talented and enthusiastic Cost Engineers who are keen to cement our existing expertise in delivering projects to our key clients and encouraging the growth of our business in this sector.
The role is predominantly Warrington based but Home / remote working is available and considered appropriate as we continue to face the challenges of COVID 19. Consideration can also be given in respect to part time & flexible working hours.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Project Managers in delivering their projects on time and to budget through attention to detail and the application of Jacobs standard processes and best practice techniques.
• Project set up, close out and reconciliations.
• Ensuring correct cost allocation
• Project cost forecasting
• Revenue and gross margin monitoring
• Ensure corporate systems are up to date and an accurate reflection of the project
• Monitoring of aged debt
• Project Financial Reviews
• Preparation of Client specific monthly reports
• Preparation of internal reporting for Operational Project Reviews
• Attendance and / or contributions at monthly meetings
Additional tasks may include assisting the Project/Programme Manager in:
• Earned value analysis
• Risk & opportunity management
• Programme & resource monitoring
• The preparation of change control / early warning notices
• Preparing / maintaining quality documents
• Monitoring key performance indicators as necessary
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Ability to obtain SC clearance
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Attention to detail and good numerical skills
• Good communication skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• A QCF qualification in Project Controls an advantage, but not essential
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular; Excel, Word and Outlook
• Previous experience of Project Controls tools and Software, ideally EcoSys
• A basic understanding of various contract types & contract law
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record.
If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally