Strode Park Foundation is an amazing and rewarding place to work. To consistently achieve this takes great teamwork right across the Charity. We have a fantastic opportunity for two hardworking cooks, to join our dedicated and passionate Catering team.
Your main duties as Cook, will be:
• To assist in food preparation and delivery so that all service users have their dietary needs met.
• Ensure full compliance with all food hygiene regulations and our policies so that all food is safely produced and stored plus our residents choices are met.
• Assist in planning and costing menus making the best use of available fresh food.
• Ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy.
• Supervising staff in ensuring appropriate use of equipment and infection control standards, giving help and guidance where required.
• Support the aims and objectives of the Foundation.
• Play a full and active part in team working so that at all times this post, either directly or indirectly, is providing the highest standard of care to people who use our services.
Who we are looking for
For the role as Cook, you will need the following skills and qualities:
• NVQ level 2 in basic food and hygiene essential.
• Experience of food preparation in a care home environment desired.
• Ideally you will have experience in catering gained through a working environment and cooking for large numbers.
• Be honest, reliable and trustworthy.
• Basic education (English and Maths).
• Must be able to meet the working pattern demanded by the post including weekends.
• As Cook, you must be passionate about providing tasty and nourishing food for our residents.
Shift patterns of:
• 8:00am – 6:30pm (Long shift)
• 8:00am – 4:00pm (short shift)
• The kitchen is open Monday-Sunday
• On some occasions you may be expected to work additional shifts to cover annual leave and sickness, however this will be alternated between all staff.
Why you should apply
Working as Cook at Strode Park is rewarding on so many levels and we are pleased to be able to offer our valued staff members the following benefits:
• Excellent training and it’s paid
• Paid Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
• Meals provided
• Competitive rates of pay
• You’ll be eligible to refer family and friends to also work at Strode and be rewarded £250 for doing so
• Retention bonus earn up to £1,500 if you stay in employment with us (Terms and Conditions apply)
Our values underpin everything we do at Strode Park Foundation. We employ truly inspirational people who make our care setting a remarkable place to work. Together we offer high quality care which meet the needs of children and adults with disabilities, helping them to achieve their goals and live the life they choose.
Strode Park Foundation regards the Covid-19 vaccination as a positive measure and note that vaccination is to become a mandatory requirement for staff who work in care homes from 16 September unless medically exempt. Candidates applying for a role at Strode Park Foundation will be expected to have received their vaccination against coronavirus as part of our pre-employment process before commencing employment. Please let us know if you have not managed to arrange to receive the vaccine. If you have a medical reason as to why you are not able to have the vaccine or you have any questions on the vaccination, please contact the HR team on 01227373292 who will gladly assist you with this.
Strode Park Foundation has been caring since 1946, providing vital care, support services, care at home, supported living opportunities and day and leisure services for children and adults with a range of disabilities.
The Cook role is based at Strode Park House in Herne. This building is set in 14 acres of beautiful grounds. It is a nursing and residential home offering both long and short-term care for adults aged 18 and upwards. Our home is registered for 55 beds, and we offer a relaxed homely environment for our residents. We are also pleased to be able to offer short-term neuro-rehabilitation and respite care.
Interested in applying for our role as Cook?
For more information, please see the Cook Job Description and Person Specification.
The post is subject to the relevant Disclosure check being obtained from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Strode Park is an equal opportunities employer.
Should you require the application forms to be supplied in a different format due to a disability, please do not hesitate to contact the HR team on 01227 373292 who will gladly assist you with this.
Strode Park is committed to ensuring all disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview and will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Strode Park is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer, an accreditation given to organisations that pledge to actively seek out and hire skilled disabled people, and to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures, within their businesses, supply chain and local communities.
Strode Park is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally