Overview of the role
• Accountable for successful development of highly complex multi vendor solution architectures as part of programme delivery, future business development, and on-going business objectives
• Accountable for accurate estimation of multi-vendor technical delivery budgets up to £40m+
• Accountable for the creation and maintenance of the T&D Solution Architecture and Capability Roadmap, gaining the senior management approval of solution, technical delivery plan and technical delivery budget
• Accountable for the systematic breakdown, and subsequent clear definition and allocation of work packages to multiple partners to inform budgets and plans across development, test, operational support/dash boards and infrastructure architecture
• Accountable for the creation of high quality project solution architecture documentation describing how people, processes and technologies inter-operate to deliver Tech and Data services, such as smart ticketing
• Collaborate across Tech and Data to challenge budgets, discover and promote new business and solution architectures that support the business plan and reduce overall total cost to operate (TCO) different solutions
• Ensure that solutions developed are aligned to the business architecture and its key principles throughout the delivery of programmes and that they continuously add value across their life cycle to the long term business pla
• Promote architecture work to customers and key stakeholders and be an authoritative point of contact for business and solution architecture
• Accountable for quality assurance of all team outputs, establishing people standards and building a strong tech capability
• Expert knowledge of large critical business and systems architectures, and modularisation techniques such as service oriented architecture and micro services (Essential)
• Expert in mixed system development methodology environments, those particularly in multi vendor (internal and external) environments (Essential)
• Ability to take a high level set of requirements/management brief and build a concept business architecture. Refining the architecture as more information is discovered (Essential)
• Expert in techniques to manage and resolve conflicting priorities in multi vendor environments, ensuring balanced and timely decision making (Essential)
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people involved in business initiatives (Essential)
• Detailed knowledge of UML including functional decomposition, use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, components and interface design (Highly desirable)
• Managing effectively with ambiguity across multiple stakeholders and projects (Highly desirable)
• Expert knowledge of business capability modelling and requirements elicitation techniques (Desirable)
• Detailed knowledge of process improvement frameworks such as Lean Six Sigma (Desirable)
• Broad knowledge of customer facing and back office technologies and architectures (Desirable)
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of planning and project management tools and techniques (Desirable)
• Degree in relevant subject area or TOGAF certification (Desirable)
Closing date for applications: Thursday 23rd September 2021 @ 23:59
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to have a workforce that is truly representative, at all levels, of the city we serve. We welcome applications from all people to ensure we have diversity in background, thought and experience. This will enable us to become a more innovative and efficient organisation and help us meet the needs of our customers.
Our goal is to make our recruitment practices as bias-free and inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria.
We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information pertaining to your protected characteristics such as your name, gender, faith, ethnicity, disability status, age, sexual orientation, from CVs and cover letters to make the shortlisting process fair. When applying for this role, please make sure your application clearly outlines your relevant skills, knowledge and experience, detailing in each previous job what you were responsible for, what you delivered and what your achievements are.
Please note that you must apply by using your CV and a covering letter. Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV reflects the requirements of the role.
Due to the pandemic, we’re conducting interviews by MS Teams however the usual interview preparation tips still apply.
We will endeavour to give candidates as much notice as possible however some interviews/assessments will be organised at short notice and will require a degree of flexibility.
Please note that we’re currently working from home full time until the office is set up to allow for safe working and to comply with social distancing procedures. Once the office is open, we will be offering flexible working hours to accommodate working in the office and from home as business requires.
We aspire to be as diverse as the city we serve, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Health & Safety Statement
All employees have a general duty in law to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
All employees must understand and be committed to Transport for London’s Health and Safety Policy statement and the Company’s safety priorities and be aware of their contribution to such priorities.
All employees must also be aware of and comply with the current health and safety legislation and other Company requirements that are relevant to their job.
Crime & Disorder Statement
It is a statutory requirement for all departments in TfL to follow Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.
Section 17 requires authorities to consider the likely affect on crime and disorder and community safety in all that they do, and take action to prevent crime and disorder, substance misuse, anti-social behaviour and behaviour that adversely affects the environment.
TfL has voluntarily been committed to following Section 17 since 2006, but we must all make sure that it is considered in decision making, policies and procedures in the same way that equality and health and safety are.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally