Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a Commercial Business Analyst to provide invaluable analytical support to the wider Finance and Commercial team, often supporting a portfolio of projects. These could include Major Capital projects through to indirect spend. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the assessment of opportunities with stakeholders and closely involved in the day-to-day delivery of sourcing projects ensuring that recommendations reflect the best possible value and are in line with business objectives.
As a Commercial Business Analyst, your time will predominantly be split between data analytics, supporting sourcing and contract managers with market analysis, and stakeholder engagement.
We’re looking for you to:
- Obtain, cleanse and analyse large data files to provide insight into our historical spending as well as identify opportunities in cost and operational efficiency. As part of this process, using the historical data, you may also be required to provide information on our future demand.
- Develop appropriate commercial models and pricing templates/bid sheets for each sourcing initiative either by using existing templates or creating new models.
- Support the development of sourcing recommendations, by providing commercial analysis of final costs versus budgets and baseline outlined in sourcing strategy and evidencing what additional business value has been enabled.
- Provide support to internal and external (supplier) meetings to explain data analysis as requested.
- Have Advanced knowledge of Excel and Visual Basic to be able to create macros and Power BI.
- This role requires a Self-starter with a proven strong analytical mindset and proven ability to work well under pressure.
What’s in it for you!
You will be looking to deliver against strong savings targets across this and the next period, as well as delivering value over and above the pound sign. Working within a matrix environment, the successful candidate will gain great exposure to a huge range of projects, business stakeholders, suppliers and wider business streams. The Commercial team is currently responsible for £1.5 billion worth of spend per year, with contract values ranging between circa £100,000 through to hundreds of million pounds.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally