You will be responsible for carrying out peg feeds, giving physiotherapy to improve their health and well-being, and providing all forms of personal care whilst ensuring the children have the best opportunity to live the childhoods they deserve. You may be asked to take them for a walk at seaside, attend a pop concert, or even take them on holiday. The ages of the children within our service vary between 5 and 17 years.
Who we are looking for
Were a close knit-team and need people to join us with the following skills and qualities:
• You must be motivated to respond and engage in all aspects of caring for our children.
• You will be working 121 so will need to be patient and resilient with a caring attitude.
• You must be able to use your initiative; we want you to come up with new ideas in supporting and inspiring our children, so they don’t miss out on childhood experiences.
• You need good communication skills; not all of our children communicate verbally so you will need to adapt.
• Ideally, you will have a current clean driving license due to our location and driving our children to external activities (in SPF vehicles).
• Please note it is mandatory that you complete a Level 3 Diploma Children in Residential Care within 2 years to enable you to work within Footprints Care Home.
• Ideally you’ll have experience of working with children with similar needs or residential care experience, however full training will be provided to those without experience who demonstrate the right attributes and desire to make a difference.
Our home provides care on a 24-hour basis, 7 days a week including weekends and bank holidays. This means we need reliable and flexible staff working within our service.
Please only apply for the role if you are willing and able to work shifts of up to 13 hours.
• Split Shifts- 7:00am – 10:00am then 2.30pm – 8.30pm
• Mornings – 7:00am – 10:00am or 7:00am – 12:00pm
• Afternoons – 2:30pm – 8:30pm
• Long Shift – 7:30am – 8:30pm
• Nights – 8pm – 8:30am
These shifts may be subject to change, and you may be required to work alternative shift patterns dependant on operational requirements.
Why you should apply
Working at Strode Park is rewarding on so many levels and we are pleased to be able to offer our valued staff members the following benefits:
• Excellent training and it’s paid
• Paid Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
• Meals provided
• Competitive rates of pay
• You’ll be eligible to refer family and friends to also work at Strode and be rewarded £250 for doing so
• Retention bonus earn up to £1,500 if you stay in employment with us (Terms and Conditions apply)
Our values underpin everything we do at Strode Park Foundation. We employ truly inspirational people who make our care setting a remarkable place to work. Together we offer high quality care which meet the needs of children and adults with disabilities, helping them to achieve their goals and live the life they choose
Strode Park Foundation regards the Covid-19 vaccination as a positive measure and note that vaccination is to become a mandatory requirement for staff who work in care homes from 16 September unless medically exempt. Candidates applying for a role at Strode Park Foundation will be expected to have received their vaccination against coronavirus as part of our pre-employment process before commencing employment. Please let us know if you have not managed to arrange to receive the vaccine. If you have a medical reason as to why you are not able to have the vaccine or you have any questions on the vaccination, please contact the HR team on 01227373292 who will gladly assist you with this.
Strode Park Foundation has been caring since 1946, providing vital care, support services, care at home, supported living opportunities and day and leisure services for children and adults with a range of disabilities.
Our Footprints service is based just outside Canterbury, in the quiet countryside. Here, we specialise in the care of children aged between 5 and 24 years old. Whilst they are resilient and determined children, they face huge adversity and need support in all aspects of their lives.
Interested in applying?
For more information, please see the Job Description and Person Specification.
The post is subject to the relevant Disclosure check being obtained from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Strode Park is an equal opportunities employer.
Should you require the application forms to be supplied in a different format due to a disability, please do not hesitate to contact the HR team on 01227 373292 who will gladly assist you with this.
Strode Park is committed to ensuring all disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview and will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Strode Park is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer, an accreditation given to organisations that pledge to actively seek out and hire skilled disabled people, and to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures, within their businesses, supply chain and local communities.
Strode Park is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally