Universal Brand Development globally drives expansion of the company’s intellectual properties, franchises, characters and stories through innovative physical and digital products, content, and consumer experiences. Along with franchise brand management, Universal Brand Development’s core businesses include Consumer Products and Games and Digital Platforms based on the company’s extensive portfolio of intellectual properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination and DreamWorks Animation.
Universal Brand Development is part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
As part of UBD, the Category Manager, Hardlines will support the Hardlines, Publishing & Stationery Categories, and will help to deliver the agreed long-term strategy for Universal UBD in EMEA. To help deliver a sustainable business that achieves the Company’s annual revenue targets.
• Support the Hardlines Director with ongoing analysis & initiatives that help facilitate growth for the Hardlines, Publishing & Stationery Categories.
• With the support of the Director, deliver a specific 3-year plan that will double the Partworks & Stationery business across EMEA
• Support the Hardlines Director in facilitating product development within the HL, Publishing & Stationery category, enhancing effective communications with the Creative Team, and support licensees adhering to critical path and timelines.
• Lead Agent Training for Publishing
• Maintain a day to day relationship with licensees, category teams, and retailers, keeping the licensee’s lists/ product range plans updated, collecting relevant data and sharing reports internally.
• Build licensee sales presentation and regularly update licensees on franchise performance and pitch new properties.
• Attend trade shows.
• With support from the Hardlines Director, develop and manage the EMEA HL, Publishing & Stationery portfolio of licensees in order to grow the UBD business.
• Compile licensee performance reports and critically evaluate the licensee base to ensure we have the right amount and best quality partners.
• Direct communication with allocated licensees.
• With support from the Hardlines director, negotiate the best deals (in line with CP guidelines and business objectives) and manage the process from contract to product development and execution.
• Work with the retail team to identify the key retail partners for your categories. Develop relationships with the decision makers in your key markets
Understand key seasonalities and important dates on the retail calendar e.g. BTS
• Quarterly Store Visits & Reports
FINANCE AND BUSINESS SUPPORT
• Work with Director & HL/ FBC in market leads in hub to implement licensee data entry, and ensure that a deal critical path-from business plan submission to contract full execution -is handled according to the Company’s timelines & procedures
• Obtain quarterly sales projections from licensees in support of the forecasting process, to provide Category input to the multi-year strategic plan and highlight upsides or sensitivities
RELATIONSHIP BUILDING- EMEA/ INTERNATIONAL/NATEAM
• Ongoing liaison with internal market teams & agents providing information and regular updates.
• Work cross category with the Hardlines, PD, Promotions, Franchise& Retail teams and Universal departments to maximise synergy activity and develop promotional opportunities.
• Live, breathe and amplify the great energy of the team!
• Negotiate the best deals (in line with CP guidelines and business objectives) and manage the process from contract to product development and execution.
• Support for the HL & Publishing Director & 3 Hardlines team members in territory (UK, NE & SE). Primarily in the form of deal entry
• Invite lists- BLE/Nuremberg/LIMA/ KPMs/ Bologna
• Help with forecast cycles by sending out and chasing templates
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in a Commercial Team or a marketing environment with proven track record of attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to work under pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines
• Go getting team player with strong communication skills at all levels
• Multi tasker with the ability to be flexible & hit deadlines
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word and Power Point)
• Fluent in English, and ideally one important language within the EMEA region
NBCUniversal are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally