Applications will be reviewed as and when received so we invite you to apply as soon as possible.
Join Hampshire County Council and help us deliver the best possible care to our community!
At Hampshire County Council we are offering fantastic opportunities for caring individuals looking for flexible positions to join us as Casual Chefs and Catering Assistants , supporting our teams to deliver excellent person-centred care. These are ideal opportunities for individuals looking for the flexibility to be able to choose the shifts they are available to work, so long as you share our passion for providing outstanding service to individuals then we will have the opportunity for you.
Perhaps you are an experienced caterer, but unable to commit to a set shift pattern or maybe you are new to catering and are eager to develop your practical experience. Our main priority is to find people who share our values of being person centred, working together, accountability and resilience, the rest we can teach you, could this be you?
These are hugely rewarding and varied roles. As a general guide, your duties may include:
• Helping with general duties in the kitchen – washing up, cleaning etc.
• Food preparation – including vegetable prep, sandwich making.
• Cooking (Chefs) for up to 90 people, generally traditional British cuisine.
• Ensuring all dietary requirements, allergies, and special diets, including modified foods are met.
• Following recipes and using your own initiative – where appropriate.
• Complying with HCC food safety practices and procedures and completion of simple paperwork
(Food safety systems)
What we can offer you
At Hampshire County Council, we understand the demands and emotional challenges of the job. That is why we provide our team members with a positive, safe and supportive working environment.
Additional Role Information:
Catering Assistant –
Values Based Recruitment:
We recruit for attitudes and values in Adults’ Health and Care. We invite you to evidence how you demonstrate the 4 core values we hold in your application.
The 4 core values are:
• Person Centred: Has a person centred and strengths-based approach that empowers service users and carers to live independent lives.
• Resilience: Successfully manages change and develops and maintains their wellbeing and resilience.
• Accountable: Takes responsibility for work, actions and development; and acknowledges individual and shared accountability.
• Works Together: Builds supportive internal and external working relationships through positive communication and constructive feedback.
These posts are subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Check.
Hampshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
In order to combat discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied which could have a disproportionately adverse effect on any one group. All sections of the population will have equal access to jobs. No applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership and pregnancy or maternity, unless a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) applies.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally