We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced individual to join our care home management team at Fleming House, Eastleigh as Assistant Unit Manager.
If you share our person-centred values and feel you can help to make our care home a place that our residents can really call home, we would love to hear from you!
What you will do:
Your strong leadership skills will ensure the effective and efficient management of the unit, as the most senior member of staff on duty, you’ll demonstrate skills for managing staff and taking responsibility for the safety and welfare of residents as well as the maintenance of the building on a day to day basis.
You will need to demonstrate experience in working with older people and have at least NVQ2 in care (or equivalent), working shifts which include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
What we can offer you:
Hampshire County Council recognises the outstanding contribution our care staff make, so we offer a generous including;
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
• Interest free travel loans and discounts.
• Family friendly policies
We recruit for attitudes and values in Adults’ Health and Care. We invite you to evidence how you demonstrate the 4 core values we hold in your application.
The 4 core values are:
• Person Centred: Has a person centred and strengths-based approach that empowers service users and carers to live independent lives.
• Resilience: Successfully manages change and develops and maintains their wellbeing and resilience.
• Accountable: Takes responsibility for work, actions and development; and acknowledges individual and shared accountability.
• Works Together: Builds supportive internal and external working relationships through positive communication and constructive feedback.
This post is subject to a Criminal Records Check.
Hampshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
In order to combat discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied which could have a disproportionately adverse effect on any one group. All sections of the population will have equal access to jobs. No applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership and pregnancy or maternity, unless a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) applies.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally