We’re VIVID! –We offer a vibrant, friendly, inclusive culture that supports, develops and attracts the best people!
As one team we make a difference to people's lives. Join our journey as we continue to build more homes and brighter futures, giving our customers a safe, secure home and the foundations for their continued wellbeing.
We’re Disability Confident Leaders and proud partners of LGBTjobs. Come and join us and make a real impact on the people within our local community.
We’re Hampshire’s largest provider of affordable homes with around 900 staff, who put our customers at the centre of everything they do. As a ‘people’ business, we work hard to create a high performing and fun working environment. We invest in our people’s development, whilst looking after their wellbeing with our award-winning initiatives.
We’re looking for a caretaker to join our team in South Hants, working in and around the Eastleigh area. This is a full time, permanent role working 39 hours per week! Want to know what we can offer you?
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), with the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave
- Use of a company van & fuel card for your work travel
- A productivity-related bonus scheme to enhance your take-home
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Use of power tools (supplied by us, if needed for certain jobs)
- A generous contributory pension
- Medi-cash policy to claim back some medical costs to ensure we look after you and your loved ones
- Discounts portal to save money on various products and services, including holidays, shopping and cinema
- Countless professional development opportunities
- A real sense of work/life balance where you have a degree of flexibility to attend life’s important events.
Here’s the facts about the role:
As a caretaker, you’ll carry out cleaning and caretaking duties to communal areas of our properties. And make sure that the areas are kept clean and safe for our customers. You’ll also carry out meter readings, recording the findings and submitting them to your supervisor. You’ll do monthly fire safety and health & safety checks, recording findings and reporting back as necessary. If you're self-motivated with the willing to work in a team who makes a difference to our customers' living conditions, we'd love to hear from you.
Previous experience of cleaning and caretaking/janitorial work is needed, as well as a good understanding of COSHH. You’ll also need a full, clean, current driving licence (held for at least 1 year) to allow you to drive a company van when needed. Offers are subject to a satisfactory driving licence check and DBS check.
We do our best to make reasonable adjustments wherever possible. However, due to the nature of this position, the job holder must be capable of:
- Working at heights
- Manual handling and lifting heavy and bulky items
- A high degree of mobility, which will include walking/lifting/loading and unloading vehicles
Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams. Don't have Microsoft Teams? Download it for free here!?https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app??
We’re committed to diversity and inclusion. And want people from all walks of life to apply for our vacancies. We’re a disability confident leader with disabled-friendly facilities. And we’ll make reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you; please note your needs on your application form. If you need additional support with your application, please get in touch with us on 02392 896758 or email . We’ll be happy to help.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally