Applications will be reviewed as and when received so we invite you to apply as soon as possible.
Hampshire County Council has exciting opportunities available for Care Assistants to join our new provider service in Gosport.
We need you now, whether you are an experienced carer looking for a new challenge or are just starting out in your career. Join our hard-working, friendly and supportive team at Clarence Unit and see the genuine difference you can make.
Hampshire County Councils’ Adults Health and Care provide a range of residential care and nursing services for older people across the county, some of whom are living with dementia. Clarence Unit is opening to support adults with complex health needs following their discharge from hospital. To find out more about this unique unit please
Life experience is often more important than work experience in these roles. Our main priority is to find people who share our values of being person centred, working together, accountability and resilience – the rest we can teach you, could this be you?
No two days are the same in this varied and rewarding role. As a general guide, your duties may include:
• Supporting individuals with personal care
• Support with hydration and nutrition
• Moving and positioning
• Accurate record keeping
• Undertaking activities such as entertainment and recreation to enhance the wellbeing of individuals
• Supporting Individuals with medication
Hampshire County Council recognises the outstanding contribution our care staff make, so we offer a generous benefits package including;
• Flexible working
• Comprehensive training
• Staff Uniform
• Contributory pension scheme
• HCC funded DBS checks and updates
• Staff Wellbeing Service
Additional Role Information:
Care Assistant HCC37783 –
Values Based Recruitment:
We recruit for attitudes and values in Adults’ Health and Care. We invite you to evidence how you demonstrate the 4 core values we hold in your application.
The 4 core values are:
• Person Centred: Has a person centred and strengths-based approach that empowers service users and carers to live independent lives.
• Resilience: Successfully manages change and develops and maintains their wellbeing and resilience.
• Accountable: Takes responsibility for work, actions and development; and acknowledges individual and shared accountability.
• Works Together: Builds supportive internal and external working relationships through positive communication and constructive feedback.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Check.
Hampshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
In order to combat discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied which could have a disproportionately adverse effect on any one group. All sections of the population will have equal access to jobs. No applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership and pregnancy or maternity, unless a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) applies.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally