Business Support Assistant
Peterborough City Council
Service Area: Adult Social Care
Full time – 37 hours
Salary from £17,190 per annum
Serco works in a strategic partnership with Peterborough City Council in the heart of the city, to transform the quality of local services for our citizens. We currently have an opportunity to join our team as a Business Support Assistant in the Adult Social Care Team.
You will provide business support assistance to The Council’s Adult Services Teams, ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the service. Due to the nature of the services supported by our team, the information you may hear during your working day may be of a sensitive nature or contain distressing subject matter. On that basis, it will be vital that you are able to remain composed. Ability to prioritise your workload and duties effectively to ensure that you are able to deliver a high quality of business support for our customers.
Reporting into the Team Manager you will be undertaking general administrative tasks. You will be responsible for ensuring delivery of an effective, efficient and customer focussed service.
Training will be provided but it will be beneficial for the successful candidate to have previous experience in a similar environment
What you need to do the role
- Excellent communication and customer care skills – you will be working in an area which deals with a wide and diverse range of people.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Quick and accurate keyboard skills are essential.
- Organisational skills, working both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight timescales
- Adhoc administrative tasks including but not limited, data entry, telephone answering, email management, scanning, and post incoming and outgoing.
- It would be beneficial to have some knowledge or experience of Business Support and of the work undertaken within the Adult Social Care Teams. telephone and in person
****Serco actively promotes work-based learning and development and will work in conjunction with individuals to build a development plan for their career****
Meaningful and vital work: Working within a Strategic Partnership at Serco means that you’ll play a critical role in ensuring that patients continue to receive the support that they need 24/7.
A world of opportunity: It takes a diverse team to support a council and we’re big on internal progression. So, whether you specialise your skills, progress into team management or move into operations, you’ll find all the opportunity you need to evolve your career.
Great people: Councils are busy places and you will find yourself interacting with staff, visitors and of course your supportive team. You will be a significant part of the Partnership
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- The chance to make a positive difference to the wider public.
- Interesting, varied and enjoyable work.
- A company that recognises your contribution.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and [email protected] (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We’re a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally