Awen Trading Ltd
Awen Trading Ltd is the commercial arm and wholly owned subsidiary of Awen Cultural Trust a registered charity based in South Wales. Our purpose is to make people’s lives better.
For further information please visit our website: www.awen-wales.com
Cwmni Cyfyngedig Masnachu Awen
Mae Ymddiriedolaeth Ddiwylliannol Awen yn elusen restredig wedi ei lleoli yn Ne Cymru, sydd yn berchen ar is-gwmni, y cwmni cyfyngedig Masnachu Awen. Ein pwrpas yw i wella bywydau.
Am fwy o wybodaeth ewch i’n gwefan: www.awen-wales.com
This is an exciting opportunity to play a vital part in the delivery of our events and functions at Balengarw Workmen’s Hall.
Working as part of a dedicated customer focussed team you’ll be helping to deliver our events and functions.
Maintaining the highest standards of customer care and a professional approach, you will be instrumental in ensuring we continue to provide a first class customer experience.
What will you be doing?
- At all times demonstrating the highest standards of welcome and care when assisting customers,
- Serving customers efficiently with food and drink orders.
- Giving advice, guidance and recommendations on menu selection, facilities and venue information to ensure a positive guest experience.
- Handling customer complaints professinoally, appropriately and in line with management guidance.
- Ensuring a good knowledge of available beverages, products and services.
- Keeping a clean and tidy work environment at all times.
- Keeping up to date with new menu items and creating displays.
- Responsible for security (product and cash), taking payments accurately and being vigilant for fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Working within established guidelines and operating procedures
- Reporting any accidents or near misses.
- Applying high levels of hygiene, sanitation and safety at all times.
- You will adhere to our dress code and the correct uniform at all times.
- Ensuring that all Company and Client policies and procedures, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Food Safety, Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH are adhered to.
- You will be aware of all Fire and Emergency Evacuation Procedures and ensure that normal precautions are taken to protect against fire and safety hazards.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for your own safety and that of other staff and any member of the public who may be affected by your acts and omissions at work.
- Participate in any training and development activities to maintain own development or to enhance competence within job role.
- Uphold and integrate our purpose and values in all that you do.
- Ensure that activities are completed in accordance with Awen’s commitment to equalities and diversity and in line with best practice and legislation.
- This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this post, which may have to be varied to meet the changing needs of the Trust.
Variable – Casual Hours. Our Casual Bars, Café and Functions Staff work across our venues and as such you may be offered shifts at any one of our venues. As a casual you can choose whether you’d like to work at multiple locations or just one depending on your personal circumstances. This is something that you’ll be able discuss at your interview.
Salary: Up to £8.91
*Hourly rate higher than minimum wage for age
Closing date for applications:
This is part of our ongoing recruitment and applications will be evaluated on arrival.
Conditions of your appointment
Medical Clearance: Any offer of appointment is subject to medical clearance.
Eligibility to work in the UK: All candidates are required to meet the right to work checks as set out by the UK government. Further information can be obtained from Work in the UK – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
The Person (Essential criteria are indicated as (E))
- Leads by example is well presented, professional and has a can-do attitude (E)
- Friendly, and approachable, enjoys working as part of a team and sharing best practice (E)
- Commitment to personal development
- Welcomes and embraces change with a positive attitude (E)
- Passion for excellent customer service with a keen interest in food (E)
- Adaptable and flexible to meet demands (E)
- Enjoys creating a personal rapport with customers (E)
- Demonstrates a proactive and positive attitude whilst embedding Awen’s values throughout
- Contributes ideas and solutions and able to apply them to improve
Qualifications, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Excellent organisational Skills (E)
- The ability to think on your feet and make effective decisions whilst working in a busy environment (E)
- Excellent communication skills including active listening (E)
- Excellent time management skills to ensure food is served promptly (E)
- Knowledge of safe working and food hygiene practices
- Ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment demonstrating a confident and self-motivated attitude. (E)
- Basic Food Hygiene Qualification
- NVQ in Customer Service or be able to demonstrate similar through experience
- Proven experience in a similar environment
- Experience of working alone and as a team to achieve high standards of service and set standards
- Practical knowledge and experience of complying with relevant legislation and industry best practice
- Ability to speak Welsh
At Awen you will have the opportunity to share ideas and help shape a culture of creativity, empowerment, and continuous improvement.
We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or other category protected by law. As a Disability Confident Employer we are committed to interviewing all disabled applicants that meet the essential criteria for the post and will make reasonable adjustments and make our process accessible to all .
People are at the heart of everything we do and that includes our staff, whether that’s promoting flexible working opportunities and policies, supporting your health and welfare or developing our inclusive working practice, you are what make’s Awen a success.
You will have access to a number of staff benefits including a free parking pass for Bryngarw Country Park, 20% discount at our café’s, 10% discount on purchases at Bleaf and WoodB, as well as discounted leisure access and 2 pantomime tickets at Christmas.
We would love to hear from you, to apply please complete our online application form and if you need another accessible format get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01656 754825.
*Please note that on submission of your application you will receive an email asking you to complete an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion questionnaire. Please check your spam and junk folders. The questionnaire is for administration and analytical purposes only and is not shared with recruiting managers or third parties. The data is anonymised and confidential and is used to provide details on the diversity of applicants applying for vacancies at Awen. By completing this questionnaire you’ll be making a valuable contribution that will help us to better understand our applicants, help us to recruit as diverse a workforce as possible, and continuously develop our recruitment strategies as part of our equality, diversity and inclusion journey.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally