As a Project Information Manager within the Transportation Digital Delivery Team you will be driving the development and implementation of emerging technology and digital processes, embeding Building Information Modelling (BIM) into the Transportation business unit and delivering additional value and efficiencies.
You will be forward thinking and responsible for the management, integrity and security of digital information created and stored in the Information Management system upon Rail and Highways projects. You will have a good understanding of the contractual and commercial aspects of Digital Delivery, and ensure compliance against industry, government and client requirements. A vocal advocate of Digital Delivery, promotes best practice, assists in delivering training/learning programmes, and supports project teams. Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to bring efficiencies and value to projects, clients and the business. On projects, you will report directly to the Digital Delivery Lead and/or Project Manager.
• Establishes, manages and controls the Common Data Environment.
• Ensures that all project mobilisation, contractual documentation and delivery are successfully executed in accordance with the ISO19650 and PAS1192 suite of BIM standards, and client Employer Information Requirements
• Ensures the security of all digital project information in line with ISO19650-5, including appropriate security vetting for access to the Common Data Environment, handling of SBA’s and confident in raising non-compliances where they occur
• Develop, oversee and ensure the success of the Suppliers Exchange Information Requirements at each delivery stage.
• Responsible for verifying the final Project Information Model against the Master Information Delivery Plan.
• Raising technical queries and early warnings with the Digital Delivery Lead and Project Manager.
• Working with the Task Team Managers to ensure adherence to appropriate digital discipline workflows.
• Production and management of the project health and safety model in line with PAS 1192-6.
• Oversees the performance of and provides guidance to the project Digital Delivery Team.
• Be the main point of contact and the authority of BIM on a project, including providing leadership and guidance on the project.
• Assesses capability and training needs and proactively implements training and support when required.
• Working with Contractors to meet their 4D requirements and responsible for handover of Project Information Models.
• Responsible for providing Digital Delivery project fee estimates / monitoring spend / recording efficiencies and reporting issues to the Digital Delivery Lead where necessary.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A degree or HND/HNC in a related subject.
• Good understanding of Information Management according to ISO19650 standards and requirements.
• Good knowledge of Engineering design and Information Management systems.
• Project production/delivery experience.
• A proactive approach to health and safety and wellbeing.
• Excellent communication and personal skills and capable of managing a challenging workload.
• Experience of delivering training/learning.
• Presentation/demonstration skills.
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Rail or Highways experience preferred but not essential.
• Experience of implementing Common Data Environment
• Knowledge of software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Navisworks, ITwin, etc.
• Experience of data/asset lifecycle management.
• Able to produce well-presented documentation of processes and workflows.
• Achieved or working towards a professional qualification ICE, IET, BRE.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally