Location: This is a home based role with travel
64 customer enquiries (and rising).
That’s how many calls our 12,000-strong team handle every minute, which makes us the largest provider of customer services in the public sector. We have over 30 government departments and public bodies trusting us to deliver their customer engagement and case management in the UK, including the Cabinet Office, the Department of Health & Social Care, and the Department for Work & Pensions. And as our newly appointed Bid Director, you’ll ensure we continue to win a new pipeline of high impact opportunities for our business.
Working collaboratively with your colleagues in Sales, Commercial and Legal, you’ll lead the team that bids, closes and transitions new business wins from new and existing contract relationships, delivering on quarterly and annual financial and profitable growth targets.
Using your previous experience and your sales know-how, you’ll be able to put your stamp on the whole process from start to finish – from pre-sales, to client meetings, to contract negotiation, and management. You’ll also play a key role in helping to develop our overall proposition, ensuring we invest in the new capabilities and services we need to continue to grow our business.
We are on a high energy, fast growth journey to deliver market leading customer services. Thanks to our service excellence, state-of-the-art solutions, and amazing team, we’ve have grown to become the largest provider of our type. Help us continue that journey – and to deliver public services that we can all be proud of.
What you’ll need to do the role:
The bids you’ll be engaged with range from £5-£50 million and are predominantly public sector focussed – so you’ll need to have extensive experience of leading a bidding and sales team, preferably on government/public sector bids. You’ll need to have earnt that experience in either:
- Customer Services
- Contact Centres
- BPO Outsourcing
We are also keen to hear from those who have experience in Utilities and Charity.
You’ll be able to talk confidently about your successful track record in business development and how you’ve individually led and closed deals with a total contract value of £10m plus. Lastly, you’ll have the influencing and communication skills you’ll need to work with high level client stakeholders, internal teams, and industry consultants.
- Meaningful and vital work: As well as being central to our plans for growing our already successful business, you’ll be involved in work that helps to deliver essential services that touch the lives of 000’s of people every week.
- A world of opportunity: This is a new role that you’ll be able to put your stamp on from day one. And at Serco we’re always bidding for and winning contracts across multiple sectors, so there is no limit to where you can go within our international business.
- Great people: Citizen Services contains some of the most vibrant and friendly teams within our business. So as well as the support you’ll get from them you’ll also receive all the training and progression opportunities you’d expect from a FTSE 250 company
What we offer:
- A competitive Salary and up to 6% contributory pension scheme, plus company car & annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus the chance to buy more with our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, Merlin Entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships
- Flexible/agile working environments
- The chance to make a real positive impact and difference to public sector services at a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
What to do next…..
Our employees are #sercoandproud. We offer a diverse and unique platform on which you can build on your career and develop your own skills and experience, if this sounds like it could be the next step in your career journey, apply today and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident level 3 employer and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally