Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads and rail, we work every day to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community, start your career with Jacobs.
You’ll join a team that has an enviable reputation in the UK Transportation consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high-profile projects with clients that include the Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Network Rail, Welsh Government, National Contractors, HS2 Ltd and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue at pace regionally and nationally.
We are looking to recruit a team leader who is confident and has extensive knowledge in drainage with particular experience in highway or rail drainage design. The candidate would be expected to lead a team of drainage engineers in the development of design and ensuring delivery to the required quality, programme and cost and provide mentoring and tutoring to others. The candidate will have knowledge of MicroDrainage or other equivalent software, and have an understanding of DMRB or UK rail Standards and experience of design to the SuDS Manual and working with Lead Local Flood Authorities.
You will be responsible for resourcing and manging the local drainage team as part of drainage discipline in a global drainage team. Taking a technical leading role in delivering transportation drainage design services throughout all stages of project development.
• Supporting resourcing of local resources as part of the wider transportation drainage team;
• As a line manager you will assist with the technical development of more junior staff, Engineers and Senior Engineers;
• Will be responsible for providing deliverables and solutions to drainage elements on schemes and problems;
• You will be responsible for the production and review of feasibility studies, technical reports, detailed designs and production of contract documents across a variety of projects;
• Checking and Reviewing scheme deliverables and supporting information;
• Monitoring and reporting of progress;
• Meeting and liaising with clients, stakeholders and other disciplines;
• Help seek innovative solutions in achieving best value in delivering our services;
• Help development of the team through the delivery of projects and commissions, providing technical and administrative support and leadership where required;
• Working with other Jacobs offices in a multi office delivery environment;
#UKDrainage #UKCivils #UKTransportation #UKHighways
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A degree in Civil Engineering;
• Working towards CEng with completed IEng and MICE status or equivalent;
• Working knowledge of H&S legislation
• Ability in MicroDrainage modelling system or equivalent hydraulic design tools;
• Experience of delivering at variety of scheme stages from Feasibility through to detailed design for drainage and transportation projects:
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to produce accurate and well written reports;
• Thorough understanding of DMRB and/or UK rail standards, SuDS Manual and other standards and areas not covered by standards in related to area of expertise;
• Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
• Ability to work independently and effectively within a global multi-disciplinary team
• Experience of the financial management and control of projects
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• C3D Cad proficient;
• Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options;
• Experience of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
• Experience of undertaking client facing roles and an ability to attract new clients into the business.
Grow your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, flourish, and succeed.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally