Do you have experience of working with people with a wide range of needs? Do you have the commitment and potential to take the first step on the management ladder, with one of the UK’s largest not-for-profit providers? Dimensions has a 20-year track record of offering excellent training and progression to ambitious, hardworking care professionals who want to build a progressive career making a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people.
If you share our values this is a superb opportunity to join us as an Assistant Locality Manager, providing day-to-day support to your Locality Manager, gaining expertise and experience both within the office and across a number of services in the New Milton area.
Successful candidates must have pre-existing knowledge of social care and previous management skills are hugely desirable. We are looking for someone with exceptional organisation skills with a flexible nature and a willingness to meet the needs of this challenging and demanding sector. You will work closely with the Locality Manager and on the ground support team to ensure the highest standards of safety are met, alongside engaging and compelling support plans that ensure the people we support are receiving the highest quality of service.
Upon appointment into the role you will have a company induction and be given full training to meet the needs of this challenging position. You will have set targets in line with the daily running of our homes and service users, and must be comfortable with using electronic processes and computer programmes to log daily paperwork.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme.
The total annual pay for the role is currently £24,782.50 made up of a basic salary of £21,550 plus an additional 15% annual allowance for 37.5 off rota hours of £3232.50
Please note we will only be accepting submissions from candidates who hold a full UK drivers licence.
About the roleThis is your opportunity to build your skills and expertise:
- Supporting the Locality Manager to guide, motivate and encourage your team to provide a quality service in line with our values, policies and practices.
- Working with relatives and outside agencies – including health professionals, social workers and advocates – to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Establishing and monitoring service budgets.
- Managing person-centred rota's and the recruitment of new team members.
- Leading by example and being a positive role model for your team.
- Delivering direct support, dividing your time between supporting people and working in the office.
You already have proven professional qualities, including:
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of needs – for example, autism and complex learning disabilities
- The ability to prioritise workload, manage your own time, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision.
- The personality to develop positive working relationships across Dimensions – including the people we support, their families, internal colleagues and external agencies.
- The willingness to work towards a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care/Leadership and Management for Care Services.
Your rewardsIn return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the strongest possible prospects, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement(including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visitwww.dimensions-uk.org/careers
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Christine on 07507128791
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally