An exciting new opportunity for a Support Worker with experience looking to take the next step in their career, working across the Frome area to support Locality Managers deliver great outcomes for people we support.
Discovery exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community. That’s a big deal. It means being able to have choice and control in life. It means choosing to go out or to stay in, making friends and having relationships, finding and developing skills and interests. It also means managing a home, voting, staying healthy and being able to pursue employment or volunteering opportunities. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, we want to hear from you.
Why join us?
Discovery are committed to developing skills and rewarding our staff. We offer:
- A salary of £22,660 per annum (based on 37.5 hrs per week)
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
What will I need?
To be considered as an Assistant Locality Manager you will need:
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of needs – for example, autism and complex learning disabilities
- The ability to prioritise workload, manage your own time, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision.
- The personality to develop positive working relationships across Discovery – including the people we support, their families, internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Have or be willing to work towards a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care/Leadership and Management for Care Services.
- Full UK driving license
This list is not exhaustive, please review the attached person specification for further information
Discovery is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021.
So if you would like to be a part of our team and if you feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below – upload your CV and we will be in touch. You could soon be making a positive difference every day.
If you want more information or just an informal chat about Discovery and the roles we have available – please contact our Tia on 0300 303 9150 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150 or email email@example.com
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Support Worker, Autism Support Worker, Care Worker, Learning Disabilities Support Worker, Assistant Manager, Team Leader, Care Supervisor, Senior Support Worker, Care Coordinator, Social Care Worker or Healthcare Co-ordinator.