About the role:
Reporting to the Civil Asset Health Lead, as the Asset Health Engineer for either water or wastewater, you will undertake asset condition assessment on large civil assets within the business.
You will be responsible for carrying out condition assessments and inspections including technical reporting of condition assessment of large civil assets and support in the definition of remedial works and investment requirements. The role will support the Civil Asset Health Lead in corporate governance in this area.
Working in a collaborative team, key areas of accountability will include:
- Support in the definition of civil assets within the water or wastewater business and implement an appropriate condition assessment and inspection programme.
- Assessment of technical information, undertake asset inspections, produce technical reports, and define remedial requirements resulting from asset inspections.
- Report on the performance of the assessment condition programme against key performance indicators and other relevant measures.
- Implement business and technical developments to improve business performance.
- Support in the development of standards, systems and processes in asset condition assessment and provide the business with guidance and support relating to asset assessment.
- Coaching and mentoring others to ensure continuous improvement.
- Gain experience and knowledge in order to become a Supervising Panel Engineer under the Reservoirs Act 1975.
To be successful, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Either graduate, typically with relevant work experience, or ONC/HNC or equivalent in a field related to the technical speciality
- Corporate Membership of Institution of Civil Engineers
- In-depth technical experience in relevant industry
- Excellent influencing skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Proven expertise in a relevant specialism
- Expertise in relevant software including Office suite
What’s in it for you?
This role offers a great opportunity to work with a diverse set of assets ranging in types and ages from the early 1600s to the present day. Working within a team of experienced civil engineers, there are development and progression opportunities to Supervising Panel Engineer under the Reservoirs Act.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company. The base location is flexible for this role. Remote working and flexible hours will also be considered.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally