At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Job Title: Applications Service Improvement Lead
Base Location: Solihull or Hook with UK Travel
Salary from £30,000 per annum plus attractive benefits
About the role
You will be responsible for monitoring day-to-day performance of our ERP Standard Service (SAP) working with Service Management and operational teams to continually address service issues and improve performance.
ERP is an enabling ITS service and Serco is heavily reliant on the main services, SAP. The SAP platform underpins all CSS Finance, HR, Procurement and Payroll services on a global level (although heavily UK&E biased) supporting over 50,000 users on an ongoing basis.
In addition to SAP there are a number of smaller ERP services (Great Plains, Sun financials and Agresso) within the Serco ERP landscape however the vast amount of effort is on the maintenance and development of the Serco SAP platform. These services are fundamental to the day-to-day operation of Serco and are mission critical in the business operations and ITS spends over £14m per annum on SAP and associated ERP Services.
You will be developing the service support model through the introduction process, gathering and prioritizing business and customer performance requirements.
You will also develop the support model by working with the ERP Standard Service Manager, IT Directors and the business to gather performance requirements, determining service specifications, identifying financial costs to the ERP Standard Service Manager and supporting the time-integrated plans for ERP Standard Service introduction.
Finally, ensure that the service performance and adoption efforts support Serco and the Divisions overall strategy and goals.
The role will require extensive travel, mainly to Serco Contract sites as well as a number of Strategic Partner locations.
Since many of the ERP Standard Services operate on a 24/7 basis there may be a need for out
of hours work and potentially even shift based escalation coverage.
Must be SC cleared or able to undergo and achieve SC clearance.
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Marketing, or a work experience in IT of the equivalent.
- ITIL qualifications or accreditation in Service Management.
- 3-5 years in IT Service Management within an ITIL or SIAM framework, experience in enterprise application of service and cost forecasting, or consultancy in these fields.
- Proven track record in Service Delivery Management of products or services
to large customers.
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of IT technologies and services is extremely beneficial.
- ERP knowledge including a detailed knowledge of supporting ERP services and in particular the SAP landscape, including but not limited to: SAP ECC, SAP Basis, SAP HCM, SAP EIC, SAP Manager, SAP Payroll, SAP commercial licensing and support models, Successfactors services, Archforms, Sun Financials, Oracle Financials and Agresso ERP.
- Must have a detailed analytical approach to data. The role requires reviewing data (live & historic) from
large volume operational teams.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
*Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website*
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally