Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
We are recruiting for someone to join us as an Administrator, working 21 hours per week on a permanent contract. Rethink’s Community Mental Health Unit (CMHU) has been established with the intended purpose of changing the face of community mental health care, to support communities and professionals to come together and collaborate more closely. In Sheffield, we will develop and implement new models of community based mental health care, that integrate clinical and voluntary sector provision, in line with the NHS Long Term Plan and the NHS community mental health framework.
Working under the direction of the Sheffield Programme Manager you will provide administrative support to the Rethink Sheffield Programme Team; and to those who benefit from their support by undertaking a variety of tasks that supports our work.
In everything we do, we seek to demonstrate our values: Passion, Commitment, Openness, Hope, Expertise and Understanding. If these values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Build relationships with partners and those involved in our work, providing them with support, guidance, information & resources as required.
- Provide an administrative support function for events, workshops and meetings, including convening meetings, booking rooms and taking and distributing notes.
- Input to and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and manual.
- Prepare documents, reports, brochures or proposals using various software applications.
- Manage appointments and arrange travel and hotel bookings
- Liaise with external agencies and suppliers to order goods and services.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Previous administrative experience
- Experience of servicing meetings, including taking minutes and preparing reports.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, including word, excel, powerpoint and outlook
- Working knowledge of video conferencing applications such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Mentimeter
- Able to work effectively as part of a team with flexible approach to undertaking a wide variety of tasks. Ability to plan / prioritise own work
- The initiative and enthusiasm to take part in all aspects of the programme, ensuring that a high, professional standard of work is maintained in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build effective relationships; using tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
The safety and wellbeing of our service users and colleagues is our first priority, which is why it is now a condition of employment for anyone joining us that they have either had the recommended Covid-19 vaccine or agree to have it when offered by the NHS. You can find more information on our approach and why we have made this important decision in our attached Covid-19 vaccination information document. The safety and wellbeing of our service users and colleagues is our first priority, which is why it is now a condition of employment for anyone joining us that they have either had the recommended Covid-19 vaccine or agree to have it when offered by the NHS. You can find more information on our approach and why we have made this important decision in our attached Covid-19 vaccination information document.
What will you receive?
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your skills with the chance to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range e-learning courses. You will also receive:
- Salary of £18,747.20 to £21,036.35 per annum pro-rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Your "Rethink Day" – one day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flexible working
The Diversity and Talent Specialist looking after this role is Daniele Brennan . If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to drop her an email at or give her a call on 07425736592
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning+ (LGBTQ+), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this. Please be mindful that we may need to close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications, we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If a shortened closing date has a significant impact on your ability to apply, please let us know.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally