JOB TITLE: Site Evaluation Manager
LOCATION: Flexible WFH with occasional office and site visits (Warrington, Didcot or Whitehaven). Travel will be required with this role.
Excellent Permanent Employee Benefits including:
Car Allowance (£7,620)
Company Bonus (Up to 35% dependant on performance)
Civil Service Pension (27% employer contribution)
Competitive holiday allowance
Full Time / Monday-Friday / 37.5 hrs per week
Responsible for supporting the Principal Site Evaluation Manager and Head of Community Engagement and Site Evaluation in the implementation of the Geological Disposal Facility (GDF) site evaluation process in the UK
Key Duties and Responsibility:
* Lead the delivery of robust evaluation work in a community in accordance with NWS’s established site evaluation approach which will be used to determine the suitability of areas and sites in support of Government’s programme for delivering a GDF.
* Work with technical experts and the wider supply chain to deliver robust evaluation outputs and develop and deliver interim evaluation reports to ensure clear communication of activities to the wider business and external stakeholders.
* Responsible for having a full understanding of all NWS activities being delivered in a community and support wider cross place discussions.
* Responsible for compliance with all relevant contractual requirements relating to the post with respect to the delivery of site evaluation work through existing supply chain frameworks.
* Support the place-based teams in the delivery of all aspects of the siting process ensuring that NWS works collaboratively with communities and deliver safe operations in everything we do.
* Support delivery of necessary environmental and land-use permits and consents.
* Good first degree in environmental science, geoscience or other relevant science or engineering subject.
* Knowledge of planning and regulatory requirements for geological disposal under the Planning Act 2008 for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, in particular environmental permitting, site licensing and land use planning.
* Experience in the contractual specification of site evaluation/investigation work/feasibility studies.
* Knowledge of the principles of data and records management.
* Experience of developing and managing relationships with regulators and other stakeholders to ensure successful applications.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to act as a credible “ambassador” with external bodies.
* Experience of acting as “Intelligent Customer” for services procured from third parties.
Ideally also Have:
* Chartered membership status (or working towards it) in relevant professional institute
* Good understanding of Central Government operations, policy development and implementation – Ideally
* Good understanding of radioactive waste and wider nuclear policy
Part of NWS’ mission is to deliver a Geological Disposal Facility and provide radioactive waste management solutions. The GDF will play an important role in resolving the long-outstanding environmental issue of how we safely dispose of legacy and future nuclear waste. It will be one of the most significant national infrastructure projects in the UK and will create investment and employment opportunities which will last for decades
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best. At NUCLEAR WASTE SERVICES we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We value the diversity of our people and actively seek to have a workforce that represents the rich diversity of the communities we support. Currently we are underrepresented in some areas, and would particularly welcome applicants from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBTQ+ and candidates who have a disability.
In promoting equal opportunities, NUCLEAR WASTE SERVICES welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria, NUCLEAR WASTE SERVICES will interview the best candidates from within that group.
Interested in this position? please click the “apply now”
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment agency
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion’s approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Site Evaluation Manager job in Didcot, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally