The Senior Infrastructure Analyst will manage and participate in the delivery and support of IT infrastructure and IT infrastructure security for new and existing systems / solutions.
You will ensure RSSB infrastructure is secure and adheres to Cyber Security standards, manage DR processes and business continuity. Where appropriate, you will assist other team members in the provision of 2nd and 3rd line technical IM&T support (Desktop, Software, Infrastructure and Telephony), as well as maintain and deliver a high degree of customer service for all RSSB IM&T support queries and Requests for Change.
- Proactively respond to security vulnerabilities identified by monitoring tools, performing remediation tasks
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting for on-premise and cloud infrastructure systems, for the early identification of issues
- Act as escalation point for technical issues
- Responsible for the security, effective management, administration and operation of the RSSB cloud and onsite physical infrastructure environment
- Management and oversight of the network infrastructure, including network switches, routers, firewalls and virtualised environment.
- Analyse and make recommendations to improve infrastructure, network, security and reliability of systems
- Responsible for system and data backups, restores and DR tests
- Work with the wider IM&T Team, business, internal and external business partners to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation, delivery and configuration process of solutions and systems
- Plan, manage and communicate infrastructure change with IT Operation Team Leads, Information Security manager and wider IM&T / business departments
- Mentor and coach colleagues and provide peer to peer advice, as required
- Computer science, Microsoft, CompTIA or related field qualifications / certifications or relevant demonstrable experience
- Proactive with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility for work tasks and issues, delivering a high standard of work
- Proficient in Windows Server v2008/ 2012/ 2019+ management to include Active Directory (AD) and Group Policy (GPO) and SQL Server
- Deploy patches and software applications using InTune / WSUS
- Knowledge of administering and supporting Azure AD, Azure IaaS/ PaaS
- Management of backup/ recovery solutions (g. Veeam, Arcserve)
- Experience with operating system hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, penetration testing, intrusion prevention systems and other security control systems for example PAM, SIEM, IDR etc.
- Practical experience with endpoint security, content filtering, vulnerability scanning and anti-malware
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g., PowerShell)
- MS InTune device management (mobile and Windows 10 OS)
- Effective communication, stakeholder’ and supplier management skills
- Ability to work in Teams and individually using own initiative and capable of self-managing workload.
- Demonstrable knowledge of common vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques would be beneficial
- Familiarity with Cyber Essentials/ Plus or ISO 27001 and ITIL best practice – Incident, Problem and Change management would be beneficial
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.
We value diversity and equal opportunities in employment and are committed to creating a workplace which is inclusive to everyone. As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, we encourage candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria, to apply for our jobs.
We understand the importance of work-life balance and we offer our staff the flexibility to work within our core hours and the option to vary their location between both the office and home. If you are looking for further flexibility, speak to us at interview stage so that we can consider your request.
We value our staff and we offer a competitive benefits package to ensure our staff can achieve their best throughout their journey with us. This includes 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays); a holiday buy and sell scheme; private medical and dental cover; a season ticket loan and travel subsidy; access to a cycle to work scheme; volunteer leave; a performance related bonus and pension.
Closing Date: 27/ 09/ 2022
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Senior Infrastructure Engineer job in Barking, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally