– Lead on the feasibility, design, construction, and operation of new rapid EVCPHs. As such, the end-to-end technical aspects of building a functioning Hub.
– Manage the grid & power assessment, negotiations, and delivery.
– Manage, or at least assist with, other utility connections & issues (such as comms, water & drainage).
– Manage stakeholder engagement in relation to site construction.
– Assist in ongoing site identification and analysis.
– Plan necessary assessments, approval and timelines for site-specific Hub delivery.
– Assist in preparing sites for future feasibility studies (identifying priority locations, supporting procurement etc).
– Work closely with senior managers and their teams through TfL (and potentially the GLA) to ensure collaboration and strategic direction.
– Be responsible for compliance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and contributing to such a culture
– Support broader work to develop the (triple bottom line) business case for EVCPH infrastructure
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
– Highly technical: able to understand and overcome complex challenges (ideally related to energy & electrification).
– Ability to act in a politically adept and commercially astute manner; to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders; to ensure buy-in and senior stakeholder acceptance; to resolve business conflicts as they occur; and to persuasively influence complex and sensitive transactions (displaying strong interpersonal and communication skills).
– Ability to manage risks, costs, budgets and deadlines; consistently ensuring compliance to TfL processes
– Passion for delivering results within strict timescales through collaboration across TfL; consultative by nature and a team player (ideally within a smaller, more entrepreneurial environment); results and detail-focused
– Able to work autonomously and to manage complex projects that will deliver business objectives
– A Degree and/or Masters-level qualification is desirable, but not essential. This may be replaced / supplemented by equivalent and relevant experience.
– Knowledge related to EVs and EV charging is essential. Likewise, an experience of projects, particular in the public realm, including / related to: energy, new transport, electrification, air quality etc; would also be of benefit.
– An understanding of power (supply, connections, grid upgrades etc) is essential as this is fundamental to the role. Expertise across wider utilities – water, drainage, comms, broadband – is not essential, but certainly relevant.
– A firm grasp of safety within EVCPH construction is essential, including fire and electrical risks.
– Knowledge of project management and engineering processes within TfL is highly beneficial.
– An understanding of, and interest in, the theoretical and practical aspects of energy engineering and its impact on the future, smart, sustainable city is desirable.
– Experience related to EVCPH infrastructure and its pre- and post-development operation is essential.
– In addition, an experience of projects including / related to: energy, new transport, electrification, air quality impact, etc; would also be of significant benefit.
Primarily, the candidate should have been responsible for building an operational EVCPH. As such, they will be familiar with OM processes; and willing to efficiently learn those specific to TfL. They will be able to drive through substantial progress in a constrained timescale (noting any experience of working under pressure successfully to tight deadlines and targets). Proof of this experience and the desire to work in what is ultimately a ‘start-up’ atmosphere is essential.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair.
Please apply using your CV and cover letter, in MS Word format. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Electric Vehicle Charging: Operations Manager job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally