- Accountable for provision and quality of advice and guidance given by their clinical team to managers and employees to ensure a high quality of service is provided to the business.
- Lead a team of multidisciplinary clinicians to influence key stakeholders, driving consistency and maintaining strategic oversight of professional guidelines and standards.
- Accountable for leading annual training needs analysis and developing an education and training programme for Occupational Health & Wellbeing (OH&W) clinical staff.
- Accountable for identifying and encouraging research and development opportunities for the benefit of TfL this includes disease prevention and health promotion. Leading on data analysis to drive decision making and activities to bolster the standing of OH&W within the organisation.
- Responsible for leading a Continuous Professional Development Programme for OH&W in line with professional guidelines and standards.
- Responsible for evaluating the contribution of training and development to the maintenance and increase in the quality of clinical care delivery by ensuring that high standards are maintained and driving consistency.
- Ensuring that clinical standards, quality assurance and clinical governance agendas are mapped to clinical education within OH&W.
- Leading, developing and influencing the design and delivery of other learning and training programmes required by TfL which relate to OH&W role and function.
- Representing TfL externally as the OH&W subject matter expert for OH&W clinical training and development. Ensure to develop a maintain external networks and relationships.
- Lead staff and build a culture of coaching and development across the team, ensuring the development of staff succession plans, identification of skill needs and securing of appropriate training and development.
- OH&W clinical team leads – to ensure coherent service provision to deliver KPIs
- TfL managers, Human resources and TU – as part of the OH&W service advising on individual employee health issues and OH&W clinical matters and processes.
- Represents TfL externally as subject matter expert for OH&W education and training
- External industry professionals.
- Training providers/universities
- High level of clinical knowledge and expertise in UK Regulatory framework in the practice of occupational health management (Essential)
- Member Faculty of Occupational Medicine (MFOM) – accredited specialist (or equivalent) (Essential)
- Academic qualification in education and training (Desirable)
- Trained Clinical and/or Educational supervisor (Desirable)
- Operating at a Consultant level (Essential)
- Occupational Health clinical knowledge across a broad field of subjects (Essential)
- Knowledge of medical standards applicable in railway environments (Desirable)
- Excellent planning, presentation, time, project management skills and be able to work under pressure (Desirable)
- Able to interact with colleagues at all levels across the business, able to manage, motivate and inspire others without direct authority (Essential)
- Professional clinical competence, judgment and reasoning for a wide range of occupational health issues (Essential)
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex data and statistics. (Essential)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including through written reports, presentations to senior management, leading discussion and debate to achieve session goals and collective agreement. (Essential)
- Ability to contribute to developing and updating of medical standards for safety purposes.(Essential)
- Planning & Organising – to ensure service resilience and meet customer expectations (Desirable)
- Experience of developing and delivering a clinical education and training programme in a large complex, organisation (Desirable)
- Experience of providing supervision for professional staff (Essential)
- Experience of delivering Occupational Health professional advice in complex organisations (Essential)
- Occupational Health experience in a safety critical working environment (Desirable)
- Able to demonstrate professional competence with an extensive range of complex occupational health issues and delivering advice in a large organisation (>15,000 employees), where safety critical activities are undertaken (Essential)
Equality and Diversity
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Senior OH Physician Manager (Education and Training) job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally