Avenues is a community where people smile, laugh, grow and achieve great things, we know that well-supported people support people well, which makes them want to do their very best for the people we support, and achieve our vision.
- Female Service Manager
- £32,582 per annum + Benefits
- Full time – 39 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced Female Service Manager to join our teams across 2 services based at 1 location in Chant Square, Stratford, London.
Both services are new properties for Avenues Group with 1 service being able to support 4 young adults with learning disabilities, autism and behaviours that challenge. The other service is a 1 person flat which will be supporting a female with autism, behaviours that challenge and other complex needs.
It’s an exciting time to join the team as the new staff will be a part of transitioning the people we support into the new service.
Being a Service Manager is much more than just a job and you’ll have a chance to put your empathy, compassion and patience centre-stage in our person-centered approach to providing support and leading your team to success. You will also be an effective coach and mentor for your team and possess good IT skills.
In this role you will motivate and inspire your team of support workers and assistant service manager, to provide outstanding support through effective training, coaching, and leadership by example. Acting as a role model and leader in the full delivery of active support, you will empower the people we support to have active and fulfilling lives aligned with their needs and aspirations. You will be responsible for staff appraisals, rotas, support plans, managing budgets, and monthly reports.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will take overall responsibility for all aspects of running the services, and will comply with all relevant legislation and standards, including;
- Ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of the people using the service
- Demonstrate effective leadership to enable employees to provide consistent high standards of support
- Promote and role model person centered approaches
- Effectively recruit, develop and manage employees in a fair and consistent manner
- Promote and maintain inclusive community links
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and networks, internally and externally
- Establish and reinforce a culture of continuous
- Manage the smooth running of this service including rostering, support plans, staff deployment and managing budgets
- Introduce, implement Business Plan and other strategic objectives within area of responsibility
- Support and promote Avenues vision, values and operating principles.
For more info please see the role profile!
- Experience supporting individuals who have learning disabilities, mental health needs and complex needs and/or challenging behaviours.
- Experience of managing a small to medium team within social care
- Experienced with providing Person-Centered support and to be passionate about it.
- Take ownership for continuing professional development for self and team
- Ability to manage own time and able to work under pressure.
- Be flexible and be able to work shifts required.
- Maintain a practical knowledge of policies and procedures and ensure appropriate usage.
- Be able to be a part of an area wide on-call rota
- You will ideally hold a Level 5 diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent), as well as ideally a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) qualification, alongside a passion of Person-Centered Active Support.
Benefits you can expect!
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- Flexible working.
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata).
- Access to high quality training that supports your career development.
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance.
- Shopping discounts via Blue Light Card and The Bene£its website.
- Recommend a friend – earn up to £500.
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to the health portal and employee assistance programme.
**T&Cs apply ***
As part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident Scheme”, candidates who declare a disability, and meet the key criteria for this role, will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview stage.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be female in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
We reserve the right to close this advert before the closing deadline if we interview and offer the right candidate.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Female Service Manager job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally