Avenues is a community where people smile, laugh, grow and achieve great things, we know that well-supported people support people well, which makes them want to do their very best for the people we support, and achieve our vision.
- Service Manager
- £32,082 per annum + Benefits
- Full time – 39 hours per week
The Avenues Trust Group, is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life.
We are looking for a Service Manager to join the within our Barnehurst/Bexleyheath service. Oakwood Drive is a transition supported living service for young adults with behaviours that challenge and autism.
Being a Service Manager is much more than just a job and you’ll have a chance to put your empathy, compassion and patience centre-stage in our person-centred approach to providing support and leading your team to success. You will also be an effective coach and mentor for your team and possess good IT skills.
The ideal Service Manager looks like this!
- Ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of the people using the service.
- Demonstrate effective leadership to enable employees to provide consistent high standards of support.
- Develop services in accordance to the requirements and aspirations of those that use them.
- Promote and role model person centred approaches.
- Effectively recruit, develop and manage employees in a fair and consistent manner.
- Promote and maintain inclusive community links.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and networks, internally and externally
- Establish and reinforce a culture of continuous improvement (through analysis of information and data provided).
- Effectively monitor the financial performance of services.
- Effectively manage the rostering process for the service and ensure data needed for payroll purposes is accurate and timely.
- Maintain accurate data for the service within the central rostering system.
- Introduce, implement Business Plan and other strategic objectives within area of responsibility.
- Implement, monitor and review Avenues support planning processes in partnership with keyworkers for each individual supported
For more info please see the role profile!
In this role you will motivate and inspire your team of support workers and assistant service manager, to provide outstanding support through effective training, coaching, and leadership by example. Acting as a role model and leader in the full delivery of active support, you will empower the people we support to have active and fulfilling lives aligned with their needs and aspirations. You will be responsible for staff appraisals, rotas, support plans, managing budgets, and monthly reports.
- Driver and access to vehicle essential
- Experience supporting individuals who have learning disabilities, mental health needs and/or complex needs also challenging behaviours.
- Experience of supervising/managing a small to medium team within social care or be willing to be trained (including supervisions, probations, inductions)
- Experienced with providing Person-Centred support and to be passionate about it.
- Take ownership for continuing professional development for self and team
- Ability to manage own time and able to work under pressure.
- Be flexible and be able to work shifts required.
- Maintain a practical knowledge of policies and procedures and ensure appropriate usage.
- You will ideally hold a Level 5 diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent), as well as ideally a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) qualification, alongside a passion of Person-Centred Active Support.
Benefits you can expect!
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- Flexible working.
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata).
- Access to high quality training that supports your career development.
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance.
- Shopping discounts via Blue Light Card and The Bene£its website.
- Recommend a friend – earn up to £500.
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to the health portal and employee assistance programme.
**T&Cs apply ***
As part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident Scheme”, candidates who declare a disability, and meet the key criteria for this role, will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview stage.
We reserve the right to close this advert before the closing deadline if we interview and offer the right candidate.