Lead Java Developer – 24 Months – Hybrid Working – Inside IR35 – per day – SC Cleared
We are looking for a Lead Java Developer to join one of our clients for a 24 month contract. This role requires you to be on site 2 days per week in either London, Manchester or Leeds whichever is best for you.
This role is inside IR35 and you will need to hold current active SC clearance.
– Recent experience with Java 11 (or later).
– Good understanding of TDD, BDD and current development practices (eg, CI/CD, Containerisation, RESTful services, Microservice architecture, code re-use, design patterns etc).
– Techniques knowledge: Agile, Kanban, Clean Architecture, SOLID Principles, TDD, Pair Programming, Trunk based development, RESTful APIs
– Tools knowledge: Splunk, Zabbix, Dynatrace, Terraform, Ansible, NPM
– Experience with large microservice architectures.
– Experience of working in an Agile environment.
– Be willing to work in a pair programming environment.
– Have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use.
– Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
– Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
– Be knowledgeable of tools and techniques used within the wider team.
– Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
– Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
– Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
– Understand of the use of Responsive Web Design.
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!
– SmartSourcing are a Disability Confident Employer and we promote, celebrate and value diversity, we are committed to promoting equality and inclusion for all.