This is an exciting opportunity to join Warrington Borough Council as we move forward with the development of local special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) services. We are looking for a permanent Placement Finding Officer who will work alongside the SEND Commissioning Team and EHC Team to identify suitable education provision for children and young people with SEND.
The successful candidate will:
· Have good interpersonal skills and proven experience of dealing effectively, politely and diplomatically with people on the phone and face to face.
· Be able to work calmly under pressure and identify a range of suitable placements within the deadline set.
· Be able to produce accurate and relevant referral information paying close attention to detail, particularly to understand what information is needed to make a good quality referral to assist in the process of placement identification.
· Adhere to placement finding protocols and procurement regulations.
· Be able to plan and organise own workload.
· Be able to capture and maintain performance information and feed this into the performance management framework.
37 Hours per week
DBS clearance is required.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Warrington Borough Council is a Disability Confident employer