This role is to work on Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) CFO3 Project, part funded by the European Social Fund. Based in the East Midlands, primarily to cover Nottingham working with National Probation Service and other key Stakeholders as well as Custody, the aim of the project is to help move unemployed offenders towards mainstream provision and employment by addressing their multiple barriers via referral from The National Probation Service.
Why join us
Ingeus is a forward thinking, collaborative, values-based organisation and you will join a team that thrives on making a difference.
Co-located in partner organisations including probation offices and some prisons, you will be provided with the necessary equipment and training so that you can operate in a safe and professional manner, regardless of the location. We have a commitment to delivering quality interventions which means we support your continuous professional development. You will also have access to our bespoke online learning and career development platform.
Being part of our team also means you can take advantage of our competitive pay structures and benefits package which include:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Private medical care
- Company pension
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Additional leave for personal development and community volunteering Flexible Benefits Package including the opportunity to buy those extra perks such as extra annual leave, critical illness cover, dental insurance and discounted gym membership and wellbeing services
What we need from you!
- Knowledge of the UK criminal justice is highly desirable
- An adept communicator with the ability to persuade, influence and listen to others
- Able to display strong motivational, customer service and organisational skills
- Be resilient, target focused and able to work under pressure
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on quality
- Competent in the use of all technology with excellent IT skills, including social media
- Be able to apply lateral thinking and problem-solving techniques to a range of often challenging situations
- A team player with high expectations of oneself and others
- Able to work under pressure and on own initiative, regularly lone working
- Be empathetic, non-judgmental, flexible and adaptable
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the local area and community, including available provision
- Be comfortable working with colleagues and stakeholders of all levels
- Honest and trustworthy and able to work with integrity
- Have an awareness of equal opportunity, diversity and safeguarding
- Car driver with access to own transport
- Effective relationship building skills
- Good Networking skills
- Be able to identify suitable eligible participants for the project by liaising with all stakeholders including CRS, NPS, Prisons, Police, Jobcentre Plus and other partner organisations
- Liaise with all prison stakeholders to help coordinate a successful though the gate process
- Undertake thorough assessments to identify barriers and implement appropriate support plans to meet the needs of programme participants
- Manage a diverse caseload of clients on a one to one and group basis, in either a community or custody setting
- To utilise a variety of means to facilitate improved social inclusion
- Identify and coordinate a range of specialist support interventions utilising internal and external partners to effectively address identified barriers
- To refer participants to undertake accredited and non-accredited training to improve their skills and aid their personal and professional development
- To engage with and promote the initiative(s) to internal and external customers and stakeholders through effective marketing activities
- To be a source of expert advice regarding access to specialist support
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders and liaise closely with all relevant parties to ensure service levels are maintained
- To represent Ingeus in meetings relevant to the establishment or participant, upholding the organisations values and professional reputation at all times
- To accurately maintain relevant documentation and IT systems and produce accurate and timely management information
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures
- To monitor own progress towards business and individual objectives
- Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, each employee has a responsibility to Health and Safety and must also adhere to their responsibilities as laid out in the H&S Policy
- Any other related duties as required by the business
At Ingeus, we value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, including a positive working environment and as a disability confident leader, we believe in changing lives for the better. We welcome applications from all parts of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or background.
Please note that this role may be closed early if we receive a high volume of applications.
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any queries relating to your application.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Case Worker – Nottingham job in Kettering, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally