Intelligent Resource is working in partnership with a leading global provider of ICT Services for the large enterprise and public sector markets. We have several opportunities for Field Services Engineers based across the UK. This role is based in Glenrothes , on a -month contract basis, with scope for further extension. The role has been deemed Outside of IR
This role is an ideal gateway into IT and the wider opportunities within a major global IT company. You will have the opportunity to access the certification program for one of the world’s largest computer manufacturers. It would be well suited to those who have a passionate interest in IT but may not have had the opportunity to work in the sector, or those looking for the opportunity to gain further experience.
The role consist of flexible working hours between 8am and 6pm. You will cover a set geographical area to provide on-site support for client’s IT hardware devices. You will be expected to work to a professional standard and ensure customer satisfaction through technical skills and strong customer service.
* As a Field engineer you will work with both commercial and residential clients to provide hardware technical and break fix support on Laptops, Desktops, Workstations, Tablets, Printers and Servers.
* Be involved in installing, maintaining, upgrading, and repairing of IT products such as PCs, Workstations, Printers, Terminals, Servers, and associated devices.
* To attend all Incidents/requests as directed by the Customer Incident Centre in a courteous and customer focused fashion as per your engineering work instruction guidelines.
* Ensure assigned incidents are monitored, updated, and progressed in the system Real Time.
* Co-ordinate between clients and vendors to ensure timely resolution of problems.
* Provide a high degree of customer satisfaction in all work undertaken
* Maintain and manage parts in line with returns return process and deadlines.
* Applicant must have a full valid UK drivers’ licence, own car, and business insurance.
* Ability to resolve hardware issues and basic software problems
* Capable of building (o/s and required software) and deploying PCs (desktop and Laptop)
* Good understanding of IT systems and environments.
* Strong customer service skills
* Analytical and problem-solving mindset.
Preferred but not essential skills:
* MCSE certification
* Manufacturer Enterprise server certification
* SAN Server
* Dell/Other vendor Certification to Enterprise level or above
* Experience in a data centre and in smart space technology is advantageous.
Pay Rate ( Outside of IR)
Pay Model 1:
£ per day (for initial 4 weeks). After 4 weeks, £ per closed call with 5-6 daily calls.
Pay Model 2:
£ per day (for initial 4 weeks). After 4 weeks, £ per closed call with 5-6 daily calls + £0. per mile (Fuel reimbursement) All miles Pudo to Home
Pay Model 3:
£ per day and anything over visits (tickets) per week is paid extra £ for each successfully completed call .
Pay Model 4:
Flat rate of £ per day and fuel (£.pence per mile) – All miles Pudo to Home
Pay Model 5:
Part time role (ad hoc) – Apply to know more about this model
Fuel payment: Owing to the current situation with weekly increases in fuel costs, each month Client will pay a fuel supplement to all eligible engineers. This is temporary payment hence, it may change at any point of time by client (valid for Pay Model 1 and Pay Model 3 only).
Intelligent Resourceacts as both an employment business and as an employment agency.
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.