CatSci Ltd, based in Cardiff, UK, is an innovation partner to the chemical research, development and manufacturing industries, specialising in process research and development for manufacturing drug substance and other high value materials. CatSci Ltd has extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support through to full scale manufacturing and life-cycle management.
As the company project portfolio continues to grow rapidly, CatSci require additional Senior Research and Development Chemist to join a dynamic team in their world-class facility.
Your Impact as Senior Research and Development Chemist
- Carrying out multi-step synthesis, isolation, purification, and characterization of small organic compounds
- Designing efficient routes to target molecules of a wide range of complexity by applying modern synthetic methods
- Developing new processes for our clients
- Conducting literature searching to design synthetic routes, problem solve synthetic issues
- Presenting cross-functional research at departmental and project team meetings
- Performs scale-up of key intermediates and compounds
- Delivering chemistry programmes to cost, quality and time demands
Requirements for Senior Research and Development Chemist
- Ideally a PhD in chemistry with experience in industry or post-doctoral studies, however Master’s degree with experience in industry would be considered
- Detailed understanding of organic synthesis and, preferably, process chemistry
- Some experience, or a genuine interest, in the development and scale-up of chemical processes to large scale lab and pilot processes
- Expertise in the use of practical synthetic chemistry techniques
- Excellent task management and communication skill
Our Senior Organic Chemistry Scientists demonstrate a passion for science, as well as self-motivation and results-oriented nature. You will be able to advocate and justify own opinion, but equally able to take on board differing opinions and work collaboratively.
- Competitive salary: £37,000 – £43,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday + 2 charity days
- Company benefits
- Annual bonus
- Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to prior agreement)
- The best team to work with (even if it is us saying so!)
*As an equal opportunities employer, we will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments in order to attend/ perform in the interview, please do not hesitate to let us know.