An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team here at Green Lane Veterinary Centre!
This role would suit an experienced RVN or newly qualified nurse, ready to build on their previous experiences gained whilst studying. This role will enable the ideal candidate to develop their nursing skills through:
· Some reception work
· Assisting with the care of animals
· Undertaking tasks set by senior members of staff in the basic care and running of the practice
· Communicating with clients, meeting and greeting and completing registrations
· Monitoring inpatients, providing care and appropriate diets
· Assisting vets during examinations and surgeries to ensure the correct procedures are followed for the cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment and materials.
Hours: Full-Time 40 hours per week, 1 in 3 weekends working until 1(half day on Saturdays)
Rota starting from 8.30 until 4.30 or 11 until 6.
No out of hours or on call. Closed on Bank holiday’s closed on Sundays.
Salary of up to £24,000 depending on experience.
Green Lane Vets has two established veterinary practices in Chester and Caergwrle, Wrexham. Both of our surgeries are close to the A55 and the A483, with easy access links to the beautiful walled city of Chester, Liverpool, Manchester and Shrewsbury all nearby.
We offer the highest standards of first opinion care to small animal, patient care and our team are important to us.
Our main surgery is fully equipped with all the usual machines including; in-house blood and lab for routine work, ultrasound scanning and x-ray facilities.
About the Team and Culture
The successful applicant will be joining our hardworking and valued team. We are like a small family than co-workers. We have 9 Team members this consists of; 3 Vets, 1 Practice Manager, 1 Registered Veterinary Nurse, 1 Student Veterinary Nurse, 2 Animal Care Assistants, 1 Receptionist,
We are looking for a friendly and competent Registered Veterinary Nurse with a passion for patient care and client education. This position would suit an experienced RVN or a newly qualified nurse looking to gain experience in a supportive environment. Our ideal candidate will have exceptional people skills and be passionate about gold standard care. A driving license is essential to be able to travel between to branches.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata:
· Increasing holiday based on length of service
· CPD paid days and allowance
· L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Birthday leave
· RCVS Membership paid
· VDS cover
· Discounted veterinary fees
· Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Service-related company sick pay
· Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.