We are an award-winning, fast-growing and agile innovation partner with a proven track record in developing economically and environmentally sustainable pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
We pride ourselves on creating an environment where all our employees can flourish. As part of our team, you’ll thrive on a culture of continuous improvement and always be encouraged to be the best version of yourself. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Your Impact as Scientist
- Carrying out multi-step synthesis, isolation, purification, and characterization of small organic compounds
- Designing efficient routes to target molecules of a wide range of complexity by applying modern synthetic methods
- Developing new processes for our clients
- Conducting literature searching to design synthetic routes, problem solve synthetic issues
- Presenting cross-functional research at departmental and project team meetings
- Delivering chemistry programmes to cost, quality and time demands
Requirements for Scientist
- Ideally a PhD in chemistry (or related discipline), however Master’s degree with experience in industry would be considered
- Detailed understanding of organic synthesis and, preferably, process chemistry
- Some experience, or a genuine interest, in the development and scale-up of chemical processes to large scale lab and pilot processes
- Expertise in the use of practical synthetic chemistry techniques
- Excellent task management and communication skill
Our Scientists demonstrate a passion for science, as well as self-motivation and results-oriented nature. You will be able to advocate and justify own opinion, but equally able to take on board differing opinions and work collaboratively.
- Competitive salary: £33,400 – £37,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday + 2 charity days
- Company benefits
- Annual bonus
- Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to prior agreement)
- The best team to work with (even if it is us saying so!)
*As an equal opportunities employer, we will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments in order to attend/ perform in the interview, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Scientist job in Cardiff, Wales, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally